Upcoming/Rumored Projects

MaxW

thatd be awful. if park guest complained about no figment once, they might just do it again if the pixar idea goes through.

Haymarket2008

I really hope they make it close to the original and bring back Dreamfinder. And then there are rumors of it becoming-yes, yet another Pixar ride for Inside Out! If this is what's really happening, we may see a ride based off The Good Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom the year afterward...:p

With the incredible boost in Dreamfinder & Figment merchandise/interest, I would be shocked if Dreamfinder didn't make a return in the inevitable revitalization of the attraction. I've read and talked on a few threads about how Bob Iger explicitly said a year ago at D23 that Figment is not going away. They made that mistake once before, it won't happen again. And people weren't talking about Imagination being the place where an Inside Out attraction would be. It was in the Wonders of Life pavilion. I think that would be a smart move to place it on that side of the park anyway because it will bring some more attention to the neglected Universe of Energy. I really do think that with the recent resurgence of Disney nostalgia in their merchandising and design, they wouldn't not bring Dreamfinder back. You can tell they're secretly looking to see if he has an audience again. And he does.

MaxW

Oh yeah, totally. From dreamfinders preformance at the d23 convention with one of Sherman brothers to his recent comic book storyline with marvel! (Which I sadly haven't read yet!) but yes the market for dreamfinder is growing, and I'm glad. Though I was too young to remember the original version, the videos I've seen blow this version out of the water!

FigmentJedi

I really hope they make it close to the original and bring back Dreamfinder. And then there are rumors of it becoming-yes, yet another Pixar ride for Inside Out! If this is what's really happening, we may see a ride based off The Good Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom the year afterward...:p
Hoping they go for the more logical Cranium Command overlay plan, but this new character render, Riley's imaginary friend Bing Bong, is getting me worried.
tumblr_nhlu3oOGsq1ts0ripo1_500.jpg

SMPTE MOUSE

There is no way that Disney will build Carsland in WDW. The last movie was not a big hit. It's all about FROZEN now. So i'd say that there will be a Carsland in WDW when Steve McQueen drives into Arendelle Castle to pickup Elsa! And, Avatarland better be awesome, just sayin'.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
There is no way that Disney will build Carsland in WDW. The last movie was not a big hit. It's all about FROZEN now. So i'd say that there will be a Carsland in WDW when Steve McQueen drives into Arendelle Castle to pickup Elsa! And, Avatarland better be awesome, just sayin'.

So they will substitute the rockwork façade with an ice façade and instead of cars we will get sleighs?

07vanquish

Gonna be honest, I would totally go see a movie with Steve McQueen picking up a Disney Princess, Lightning McQueen? No way in hell. I really hope the next Cars movie is good because that franchise is in roughhh shape..

DisDan

Shirley you mean Lightning McQueen right? Yes, I misspelled surely on purpose. :)

Launchpad McQuack

The Cars BRAND is worth so much more than Cars 2, though. I can't find any current articles on it, but Cars merchandise, even after the lackluster (BAD) Cars 2 has made billions of dollars.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

The Cars BRAND is worth so much more than Cars 2, though. I can't find any current articles on it, but Cars merchandise, even after the lackluster (BAD) Cars 2 has made billions of dollars.

The most important thing is that Carsland theme park area is a huge hit because it is well done. If they make 5 more movies and they all tank, that shouldn't play into the decision much at all.

H2O_Mouse-Ears

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/2901...rchandise-walt-disney-films-prove-undying.htm
I believe this is just for the original "Cars" movie but I am positive "Cars 2" did nothing to stymie the merchandise sales of the Cars BRAND. This is in addition to the $560 million Cars 2 made at the box office world-wide. Therefore, saying there will DEFINITELY NOT be a Carsland based on the waning popularity of Cars is completely off base. While Frozen is very popular with girls, Cars is similarly geared towards boys.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Moreover, all the Cars shorts - Mater's tales - air on a regular basis on Disney Junior and on the Disney channel. That can definitely help the franchise get fans who could be interested in a ride.

TP2000

The Cars franchise is a huge success for Disney, and it captures a male demographic that Disney had almost given up on before Cars; 3 to 9 year old boys not quite old enough for Marvel's PG-13 rated movies. Both Cars films were only modest successes at the movie theaters, but rake in huge amounts of merchandise sales each year.

And my Halloween test I do every year still sees a lot of little boys dressed up as Mater or Lightning. I've never once seen an Avatar character at my door on Halloween, and no store sells Avatar costumes or any merchandise. But Cars merch still sells big.

Cars, 2006 - Worldwide Box Office = $461 Million
Cars 2, 2011 - Worldwide Box Offce = $560 Million

Cars merchandise sales have topped $10 Billion, with a 'B', in the last decade. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walt-disney-expects-cars-2-196568

Plus, when you give WDI a proper budget you get a 12 acre theme park area that looks like this and creates instant success for whatever park it lands in;
The%20Raceway%20Through%20Ornament%20Valley-XL.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

The Cars franchise is a huge success for Disney, and it captures a male demographic that Disney had almost given up on before Cars; 3 to 9 year old boys not quite old enough for Marvel's PG-13 rated movies. Both Cars films were only modest successes at the movie theaters, but rake in huge amounts of merchandise sales each year.

And my Halloween test I do every year still sees a lot of little boys dressed up as Mater or Lightning. I've never once seen an Avatar character at my door on Halloween, and no store sells Avatar costumes or any merchandise. But Cars merch still sells big.

Cars, 2006 - Worldwide Box Office = $461 Million
Cars 2, 2011 - Worldwide Box Offce = $560 Million

Cars merchandise sales have topped $10 Billion, with a 'B', in the last decade. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walt-disney-expects-cars-2-196568

Plus, when you give WDI a proper budget you get a 12 acre theme park area that looks like this and creates instant success for whatever park it lands in;
The%20Raceway%20Through%20Ornament%20Valley-XL.jpg
Think what can be done to the AvatarLand and rumored Star Wars Land with this budget. The guy who did the rockwork at CarsLand will be working on Avatar Land and then probably off to work on SW land. DHS would be a great park with SW land, Pixar / CarsLand expansion along with what's there already. I heard Iger and Staggs were in the parks this week.

iAJ

Think what can be done to the AvatarLand and rumored Star Wars Land with this budget. The guy who did the rockwork at CarsLand will be working on Avatar Land and then probably off to work on SW land. DHS would be a great park with SW land, Pixar / CarsLand expansion along with what's there already. I heard Iger and Staggs were in the parks this week.
I know the Avatar project gets a lot of flack, but honestly it will be absolutely phenomenal if the budget is good. Whether you like the film or not, Pandora was a very cool and fantastical setting that is brimming with possibilities as a theme park land. The floating mountains alone could be awe inspiring if WDI has the proper budget.

Progress.City

I know the Avatar project gets a lot of flack, but honestly it will be absolutely phenomenal if the budget is good. Whether you like the film or not, Pandora was a very cool and fantastical setting that is brimming with possibilities as a theme park land. The floating mountains alone could be awe inspiring if WDI has the proper budget.
It's going to be nothing short of amazing. Mark my word. Simply because King Midas (James Cameron) is involved. If I'm wrong, I will never make any predictions about anything again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom