Upcoming/Rumored Projects

TXDisney

Realistically I can see epcot adding another country or 2 in the next 10yrs. I would also like to see them add a lion king ride. Perhaps in AK in Africa. With how big Frozen is Disney I think will have to make some sort of ride or show permanently at a park. I'd like to see more tangles stuff as well besides just the bathroom area.

roj2323

There's actually room for 8, if need be...
worldshowcase_sites.gif

Map from Yesterland.com

Lots 7 and 8 are being used for the indoor convention space and other support facilities. The structures are not temporary trailers and are used fairly heavily throughout the year so I find it unlikely that they would use those locations.

I personally believe they would use lot 1 if they were to add a country with locations 2 and 3 the next most likely. In the case of lot 1 it's mostly out of Convenience as it's mostly empty. In the case of lots 2 and 3 it's mostly because they are so large.

Location 4 is used backstage for a variety of things but most of it is used for storage of festival structures like food and wine so I don't see it getting used. Lots 5 and 6 are kinda needed as visual blocks and are used to a limited degree on stage during Food and wine as well as Flower and Garden much like lot 4 is used for "park space".

Turtle

I can now dispel the rumor about Star Wars Land coming to Toonstown at DL. I know this is WDW board, but sometimes what happens at one park is relevant to the other.

While at DL earlier in the week, I spoke with a CM there about the latest Star Wars Land rumors. He told me it definitely won't and can't come into where Toonstown is because of fireworks code. The code forces that area to close earlier. There are building height restrictions and the taller show buildings required can't be built there. Also, the current rock work there acts as a shield against fireworks that go astray.

With this rumor now debunked, this leaves the original rumor of Star Wars land coming into a rethemed Tomorrowland the only viable one for there. This leaves Star Wars Land as a a separate expansion for us at DHS still possible.

Also, after riding RSR at Carsland, let me say that cloning it here really isn't necessary. We have a full version of Splash Mountain and Test Test (a completely original ride) in its place. RSR would be a redundancy of similar types show elements, if it were brought here. I would prefer it if they cloned Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, and their version of It's a Small World, rather than cloning RSR.
Its been said Fireworks will find a new home.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can now dispel the rumor about Star Wars Land coming to Toonstown at DL. I know this is WDW board, but sometimes what happens at one park is relevant to the other.

While at DL earlier in the week, I spoke with a CM there about the latest Star Wars Land rumors. He told me it definitely won't and can't come into where Toonstown is because of fireworks code.
Well thats's that then.

Or don't believe a random CM who possibly knows squat.

PeterAlt

Well thats's that then.

Or don't believe a random CM who possibly knows squat.
I believe he knows what he was talking about with the fire codes. Unless Disney figured out a way to do it and not violate the code, I don't see it coming to Toontown. Or if it is, it would have to close before the fireworks show. With the potential popularity of Star Wars Land, I doubt the company would build it in a location where they have to shut down so early.

OSUgirl77

While at DL earlier in the week, I spoke with a CM there about the latest Star Wars Land rumors. He told me it definitely won't and can't come into where Toonstown is because of fireworks code. The code forces that area to close earlier. There are building height restrictions and the taller show buildings required can't be built there. Also, the current rock work there acts as a shield against fireworks that go astray.

With this rumor now debunked, this leaves the original rumor of Star Wars land coming into a rethemed Tomorrowland the only viable one for there. This leaves Star Wars Land as a a separate expansion for us at DHS still possible.

Also, after riding RSR at Carsland, let me say that cloning it here really isn't necessary. We have a full version of Splash Mountain and Test Test (a completely original ride) in its place. RSR would be a redundancy of similar types show elements, if it were brought here. I would prefer it if they cloned Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, and their version of It's a Small World, rather than cloning RSR.
I would love it if they brought Indiana Jones to WDW, but it would also be redundant as it's the same technology that's used in Dinosaur. Not sure if they would want to build what is essentially the same ride (albeit with a way better theme) in a different park.

PeterAlt

I would love it if they brought Indiana Jones to WDW, but it would also be redundant as it's the same technology that's used in Dinosaur. Not sure if they would want to build what is essentially the same ride (albeit with a way better theme) in a different park.
No, it's not. That's like saying WDW doesn't need Haunted Mansion because there's already an Omnimover ride. It's just the vehicle. In fact, Alice in Wonderland would be a better ride if it used that technology instead. If Alice does come to WDW, I would like to see it with better ride technology, but how it is now with the new effects is better than the original Journey into Imagination ride in terms of immersive special effects and overall "trippyness".

OSUgirl77

No, it's not. That's like saying WDW doesn't need Haunted Mansion because there's already an Omnimover ride. It's just the vehicle. In fact, Alice in Wonderland would be a better ride if it used that technology instead. If Alice does come to WDW, I would like to see it with better ride technology, but how it is now with the new effects is better than the original Journey into Imagination ride in terms of immersive special effects and overall "trippyness".
I actually agree with you, I'm just wondering if Disney feels the same. I probably should have clarified and said "essentially the same ride to THEM."

TXDisney

A ride like Alice in wonderland would have to go to MK I think. HS should stay with the whole thrill movie theme. I'd be ok with a "dinosaur" type ride with a different movie theme at HS. Indiana jones could work, but maybe a newer movie would fit as well.

PeterAlt

I actually agree with you, I'm just wondering if Disney feels the same. I probably should have clarified and said "essentially the same ride to THEM."
When I form an opinion like that it's not based on what Disney thinks, but is based on how I feel Disney should think. I know during Eisner's hay day, they used the same logic you just spoke about, but that was then and now is now and who knows what they are thinking or if they even think at all. I'm telling you, what I believe, is how they should be thinking.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
When I form an opinion like that it's not based on what Disney thinks, but is based on how I feel Disney should think. I know during Eisner's hay day, they used the same logic you just spoke about, but that was then and now is now and who knows what they are thinking or if they even think at all. I'm telling you, what I believe, is how they should be thinking.

I thought it was based on the voices in your head.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe he knows what he was talking about with the fire codes. Unless Disney figured out a way to do it and not violate the code, I don't see it coming to Toontown. Or if it is, it would have to close before the fireworks show. With the potential popularity of Star Wars Land, I doubt the company would build it in a location where they have to shut down so early.
Imagine if it were just show buildings in the fall out area with deluge and sprinkler systems on the roof.

You know, like they already do.

jdmdisney99

Lots 7 and 8 are being used for the indoor convention space and other support facilities. The structures are not temporary trailers and are used fairly heavily throughout the year so I find it unlikely that they would use those locations.

I personally believe they would use lot 1 if they were to add a country with locations 2 and 3 the next most likely. In the case of lot 1 it's mostly out of Convenience as it's mostly empty. In the case of lots 2 and 3 it's mostly because they are so large.

Location 4 is used backstage for a variety of things but most of it is used for storage of festival structures like food and wine so I don't see it getting used. Lots 5 and 6 are kinda needed as visual blocks and are used to a limited degree on stage during Food and wine as well as Flower and Garden much like lot 4 is used for "park space".
World Showplace could be easily destroyed and stored Festival Structures could easily be moved to another backstage area. Your other reasons are rather petty, though I do recommend reading the Yesterland article on the matter.

roj2323

World Showplace could be easily destroyed and stored Festival Structures could easily be moved to another backstage area. Your other reasons are rather petty, though I do recommend reading the Yesterland article on the matter.

I realize my reasoning is rather petty but having worked for the company it's these stupid little things that the company pays attention to. Additionally World showplace is used A LOT for private conventions. Everything from Cheer competitions to Gay days private parties are held there. There is little incentive to remove it when they are making tons of money with it.

misterID

I realize my reasoning is rather petty but having worked for the company it's these stupid little things that the company pays attention to. Additionally World showplace is used A LOT for private conventions. Everything from Cheer competitions to Gay days private parties are held there. There is little incentive to remove it when they are making tons of money with it.
sadly, this makes a lot of sense. Not what should be, but what is...

roj2323

sadly, this makes a lot of sense. Not what should be, but what is...
Yep.

The part that drives me the most insane however is how disorganized and Dirty back stage is compared to on stage at least at Epcot. It's like they just randomly choose places to dump crap. This is not how DHS or even MK does things. If Epcot cleaned up and organized their crap they would have more options. At the very least they should have a large concrete pad to place the Food and wine temporary structures on when they are not in use instead of leaving them to rot in the fields. Most of the mess however is from groundskeeping and construction debris from playgrounds, flower gardens and other crap they are constantly moving in and out of the park. It's like groundskeeping doesn't have a home base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom