Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Unplugged

...and where do people park while the garages are being constructed?

I do agree that you'd free up a ton of space by building garages.
In the parking lots where the park expansion would go. You don't (well, we wouldn't, they might) remove the lot's for more parking until after the garage is available. Another thing to consider is I used simplistic rectangles to knock out the drawing only for demo purposes. An actual garage would be constructed like those down town, all custom. So a custom garage could follow the slightly varied shape of the back Northeast corner lot. You can see how much space that could use and free from the front my my "sketch". Another option is to build 2 garages with ramps in the middle off the existing entrance. Being slightly smaller, but two, one can open to alleviate parking volume while construction begins on clearing parts of the other lots.

I know DHS lots get filled at times, but so do the locations at Downtown Disney where the garages are going in. Universal had the same issues when the garages went in for IoA. Limited space requires some balance with sacrifice to grow in the end.

jt04

...and where do people park while the garages are being constructed?

I do agree that you'd free up a ton of space by building garages.

It could be built and opened in small phases. With the first couple phases temporarily utilized for employess only. Also employees could be bussed in. It is obvious from DTD that these garages can go up pretty quick.

Just my opinion.

TTA94

Is there any rumors on whats next for MK after SDMT, besides the Hub remake?

IMO MK needs a new thrill ride, coaster, water based, or both :D. There seems to be a very high demand for one!
First thing that comes to mind is a villains attraction. I don't know if there is any space next to NFL to do this? Maybe where the Speedway is?

DinoInstitute

Is there any rumors on whats next for MK after SDMT, besides the Hub remake?

IMO MK needs a new thrill ride, coaster, water based, or both :D. There seems to be a very high demand for one!
First thing that comes to mind is a villains attraction. I don't know if there is any space next to NFL to do this? Maybe where the Speedway is?
Unfortunately, i don't think (or at least haven't heard) of anything else coming to the Magic Kingdom. However, i would rather them focus on the other parks anyways, but i agree with the thrill ride part a bit. IMO i would like if they just did some big renovations to rides like the speedway (make it more tomorrowland themed), or Peter Pans Flight (New queue *cough cough* and updated animatronics).

It could be built and opened in small phases. With the first couple phases temporarily utilized for employess only. Also employees could be bussed in. It is obvious from DTD that these garages can go up pretty quick.

Just my opinion.
DTD garage is going up quick? o_O they don't even have 2 stories yet

Unplugged

Similar to Test Track, but hopefully different in that it's not incredibly tacky.
The problem with that though is it's outdoors, so the whole Tron type feel would be lost during the day. Perhaps simply going the "Tomorrowland" path should leverage technology of tomorrow. Completely smooth roadway, new electric vehicles using induction for power, and guide wire embedded in the track (like Tower of Terror leverages) as opposed to the metal guide. This would require a smaller slightly modified version of the Test Track cars with steering/auto steer option and only 2 passengers. Of course, for the expense of the ride vehicles, they'd want to enclose it to maximize ride potential in all weather and reduce maintenance. Though that could be cool too as the potential for multi-level would exist in a larger space allowing for different scenes as you drive; curvy forest road, tunnel, canyon, old village Le Mans style, etc. Possibilities are endless.

Could be done, could be totally awesome! But Speedway will go the way of the Dodo before we'd ever see such an attraction.

Bocabear

Updating the speedway to the Hong Kong Disneyland model would be fantastic ... it has a whimsical future/retro styling, and fun electric cars... Really fun landscaping which fits a tomorrowland theme... I have never understood the placement of an Indy Speedway in Tomorrowland...I guess because Disneyland did it first, but they could update it and make it really beautiful
hongKongDisneyland80.jpg

Rteetz

Updating the speedway to the Hong Kong Disneyland model would be fantastic ... it has a whimsical future/retro styling, and fun electric cars... Really fun landscaping which fits a tomorrowland theme... I have never understood the placement of an Indy Speedway in Tomorrowland...I guess because Disneyland did it first, but they could update it and make it really beautiful
hongKongDisneyland80.jpg
I agree Disney could do so much with the ride to make it a new experience while at the same time keeping it much what it is today. Disney needs to add some new scenery or a new track maybe. A long refurb for this in my opinion would be very beneficial. They should try to get honda to sponsor the one in WDW as well.

psherman42

I heard someone once throw out the idea of making the speedway Wreck It Ralph themed (blanking on the name of Vanelope's racing game in the movie...). I think if it was done well it could be awesome, however it wouldn't fit Tomorrowland's theme well.

Rteetz

I heard someone once throw out the idea of making the speedway Wreck It Ralph themed (blanking on the name of Vanelope's racing game in the movie...). I think if it was done well it could be awesome, however it wouldn't fit Tomorrowland's theme well.
That would be a great idea but yeah it doesn't fit in with the tomorrow land theme. They need to do something new with it I don't remember the last time it had a big noticeable change.

rd805

That would be a great idea but yeah it doesn't fit in with the tomorrow land theme. They need to do something new with it I don't remember the last time it had a big noticeable change.

I also don't remember the last time i walked by and said, HEY I NEED TO RIDE THIS! #faceliftplease

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom