Upcoming/Rumored Projects

StitchRox

Just looking through the new Lucasfilm website and found this persons curious title, EP Theme Parks. Maybe something is coming soon.

http://lucasfilm.com/our-team/patti-burke
Every ancillary company of Disney that works with the parks (Pixar, WDAS, Marvel) has a theme parks rep. This isn't anything new and is par for the course given that Lucasfilm is now in the fold. Watch the credits of a Pixar film, they have a whole department.

DManRightHere

Im sorry quick moving pan line? Which ride did you go on? Cause the last time I waited for pan I nearly lost my sanity. The ride that is always 60 minutes and up at the magic kingdom. While I agree most people breeze by in the haunted mansion queue pan was actually a ride that could have benefitted from something like this. I have seen the wait time for that thing go up to 120 minutes, but on most busy days its between 60-90.

I still felt opposite. Pan has a longer wait but the line progresses down at a descent speed.

Haunted mansion is an omnimover, but people have to move into the attraction in groups for the preshow.

Really I've never waited more than right out of the door for haunted mansion, but we hang back and mess with the que interactions and tell people to pass by us (does that make us bad people?).

We really enjoy all of the interactive quees even as adults. I would think they receive good feedback since they keep adding to attractions. My favortie is the dynamine on BTMRR. I think it's unique and different for Disney.

jt04

It's kind of scary to look at this list and once Snow White opens up to realize that Avatar will be the one and the only confirmed new attraction on deck.

Actually Pandora is an immersive land with multiple attractions and that does not include the other new adds coming to DAK.

RSoxNo1

I heard two rumors today that were somewhat interesting:
1. The aviary in Pangani Forest is in rough shape and will go down for a refurbishment soon
2. Disney is training macaws to fly around the Tree of Life and return to a designated area

Has anyone else heard either of these rumors? If the second one is true, I wonder if it is at all related to the nighttime show.

FutureWorld1982

Is the motivation clear? I know they fly as part of the Flights of Wonder show, but aside from that.

That's a good point. I assumed it was related to the Flights of Wonder show or just for training purposes, but there could be something more to this. Interesting possibilities. Has anyone heard rumors regarding possible live animals in the new nighttime show at Animal Kingdom?

RSoxNo1

The San Diego Zoo uses a Macaw fly by as part of their morning zoo opening. I'm curious if there are grander things in mind for the macaws.

mm121

There needs to just be a Star Wars Land thread so all the discussions about it aren't spread throughout a million threads.

was just looking around last night, and its kind of crazy how hemmed in the pars are by roads/resorts, etc. with all the land that existed in the beginning its surprising that they let this happen since that was the exact problem walt had with DisneyLand

In terms of a Studios expansion, not sure where they'd put it.. but one feasible option would be to expand the park border which could be done quite easily on the south side simply by relocating the toll booth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom