Upcoming/Rumored Projects

raven

Haven't read the entire thread because I'm usung my mobile but I wanted to report that a possible redo of Maelstrom (just the ride portion) is being looked at currently. Test Track is also being looked at for a redo or the preshow and postshow areas. Also the Haunted Mansion NextGen queue is coming along very nicely.

Horizonsfan

Haven't read the entire thread because I'm usung my mobile but I wanted to report that a possible redo of Maelstrom (just the ride portion) is being looked at currently. Test Track is also being looked at for a redo or the preshow and postshow areas. Also the Haunted Mansion NextGen queue is coming along very nicely.

On Maelstrom and TT, are these, in your opinion, good changes?

raven

Maelstrom would be more like a plus to the ride already. They are looking at some more troll ideas. Test Track would be more hands-on. This redo is most likely going to incorporate NextGen. Won't be starting for some time though.

Bravo 229

Do you think they would ever consider changing the vehicles on Test Track? A good way to change the ride, in my opinion, would be testing the "vehicle of the future." Maybe a hovercraft/flying car, or even the original sled idea would revamp TTs popularity and would actually be futuristic (if that is still the aim of Future World today). Who knows, if Disney were to put a futuristic vehicle in their park, maybe someone will be inclined to actually invent one for the real world!

Future Guy

I heard a rumor on the Twitters that Test Track may be given a Cars overlay. Obviously, I have no idea how true the claim is, but it is the kind of thing TDO would do.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I heard a rumor on the Twitters that Test Track may be given a Cars overlay. Obviously, I have no idea how true the claim is, but it is the kind of thing TDO would do.

I have no way of telling if that would be true or not, but it's most likely more concerning the new Carsland at DCA. From the concept art I have seen for that, the ride there looked to be like TT with Cars environment and cars, etc.

I could be very wrong though, as I have not followed DCA / DL very closely being an East Coaster.

JustInTime

Maelstrom would be more like a plus to the ride already. They are looking at some more troll ideas. Test Track would be more hands-on. This redo is most likely going to incorporate NextGen. Won't be starting for some time though.

I would be awesome if the ride was a troll hunt.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster

Interesting. Would you classify Maelstrom and Test Track as Blue Sky at this point?

raven

Not true.

Interesting. Would you classify Maelstrom and Test Track as Blue Sky at this point?

It's past that point. Blue Sky is merely a term used for ideas put together by imagineers. It's now in a pre-planning mode. They have accepted the idea of a change to it and are now playing around with different concepts.

Changing the vehicle style would change the whole idea of a "test vehicle" and the entire ride. There will most likely only be subtle changes to the actual ride. The big changes will be to the pre and post show.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Not true.

It's past that point. Blue Sky is merely a term used for ideas put together by imagineers. It's now in a pre-planning mode. They have accepted the idea of a change to it and are now playing around with different concepts.

Changing the vehicle style would change the whole idea of a "test vehicle" and the entire ride. There will most likely only be subtle changes to the actual ride. The big changes will be to the pre and post show.

You know what that means everyone... we've got some new RED items for the front page. Thanks raven

aladdin2007

The only concern is regarding Maelstrom anyway, we already have wheres donald, wheres nemo; we do not need wheres the troll. :lookaroun

Magenta Panther

I really like Maelstrom. Plussing it is an awesome idea. But I hope they won't change the way the ride begins, with Odin and that shining eye. That is an amazing effect and really sets the mood. Thanks for the info, Raven.

Magenta Panther

Huhh. I guess I'm with those here who think that new interactive queue thing might be more distracting than anything else. Also, wouldn't it actually kind of shatter the illusion that you're entering an actual house and not a ride? I just feel kind of uneasy about it...

ttalovebug

Huhh. I guess I'm with those here who think that new interactive queue thing might be more distracting than anything else. Also, wouldn't it actually kind of shatter the illusion that you're entering an actual house and not a ride? I just feel kind of uneasy about it...

Count me in with that opinion as well. I don't mean to be so doubtful, since Raven has already said positive things about it, but the Mansion is so perfect at the moment that any mention of change there has me paranoid. :eek:

misterID

That TT thing sounds really promising. Would the Maelstrom ride be expanded (longer) or are they just adding things to the existing ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom