up or down

goofy

Original Poster
i am probably the only 1 in the world who doesnt no this

in the Haunted Mansion does the room go down

or

does the ceilin go up

i thnk u go down as from the outside it doesnt seem like there is room for the ceiling to go up and i felt the lift stop at DLP as well

goofy

Original Poster
ok thanx

i have been on both so thats why i got mixed up

but i was sure in DLP u went down and u have confirmed i am not goin mad.

is it like a normal every day lift????????

the ceo at wdw

When ur listning to the ghost host in the strecthy room. How can u tell its a lift. I know u all are right but they made it really hard to see the lift. How does the room go down. Doesn't it need to be a crack in the floor between the two rooms? OK when the doors open for the guests to walk through to the other room after the stretchy picture stuff. Once u walk bettween th doors going to the other room and look down u dont see any cracks whats up with that? If u understood that great if u didn ohh well.

if u know anything leave me a note thanx

goofy

Original Poster
i trust u r talkin DLP here

Its not so much of a lift more of a platform that moves down. I dont think its on a cable system. he only reason i no it is a lift as wen it stope id sort of jerked in the way that lifts do wen they stop. As for the matching up i dont no about this maybe it just very very close or hidden some how

Its all part of the disney Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woofboy111

How about in DL California? Doesn't the floor go down there too?

In the WDW HM, alot of times if you stand by the exit door, it doesn't slide all of the way closed, so if you look out of this crack, you could see that your not moving.

WEDMagic

in Disneyland Disneyland Paris it is a hydrolic elevator system. If you look you will notice that the lower wall of the room in dlp and dl is closer than the upper wall, Also in DLP and Dl the door stays. These lifts are not made to bring more than 10-15 people up at a time but can handle the load going down. At WDW the room streches up the walls and entrance and exit doors to the streching room never more. This here at WDW is just for effect. At disneyland and Disneyland Paris it is a necesity since Disneyland and Disneyland Paris's facades or on the inside of the berm which the trains ride on, there needed to be a way to bring the guests lower than the current level to make it under the train tracks and berm to get to the other side where the actual ride was housed. WDW is just pure effect. If I find the the blueprints in my stash Ill Scan the sections and post it :)

WEDMagic

hm

yes the ceiling is a painted theatrical scrim. But the room does move either up and down at the different parks...Ill post a link later to a diagram.
:)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The reason that you have to go down in cal. is that you have to go under the railroad to load the ride, as the main ride building lies outside the train circle.

WDWGuy

I will tell ya

Outside of the Tower of Terror, the best lift rides have nothing to do with Guest areas :)

I can't go any further then that :)

LOL

Steve

CaptainShortty

The reason that you have to go down in cal. is that you have to go under the railroad to load the ride, as the main ride building lies outside the train circle.

And similarly, in WDW you can't go down because of the water table in Florida. It is to high. And that part of Haunted Mansion is beyond the outskirts of the Utilidors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom