Up front on the monorail

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
During my last trip in Sept 02... I rode in the front of Monorail Gold.. from the MK to the TTC. It was one of the highlights of my trip! When we arrived at the TTC... I was givin a card that said "Monorail Co-Pilot" It is currently framed with my monorail poster :)

View from the cockpit:

Attachments

• mvc-080f.jpg
    mvc-080f.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 140

Invero

Originally posted by DMC-12
During my last trip in Sept 02... I rode in the front of Monorail Gold.. from the MK to the TTC. It was one of the highlights of my trip!

I never liked Gold... it has a lumpy drivers seat. Now Red... Red has a nice plush seat... Purple was good too. But for some reason, Lime and Gold had lumpy seats.

GaryT977

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
I never liked Gold... it has a lumpy drivers seat. Now Red... Red has a nice plush seat... Purple was good too. But for some reason, Lime and Gold had lumpy seats.

Nothing worse than a lumpy seat! ;)

here is a pic of the card they give you

here is a pic of the card they give you when you ride up front

Attachments

• disney 074.jpg
    disney 074.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 108

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: here is a pic of the card they give you

Originally posted by mikedvcmember
here is a pic of the card they give you when you ride up front

Yep...that's the one I got last time too.

Cool side story:

A friend of mine did the CP at WDW when we were in college. He drove monorail his second summer. When we went to DL for the Rose Bowl, he wanted to take a monorail trip, which was fine by me. Construction on DCA had started, and the monorail was going right over the construction site, which was cool for me, because I used to work maintenance/construction through colelge during the summers. When he mentioned to the driver that he used to drive monrails at WDW, the driver gave us a "skip the line" (don't know what it's called officially) card. This was when rocket rods was still around. We skipped a 2 hr line on that one. :)

mandib

I've been in the front! It's great. If ur not in a hurry wait for the front! The Cm that drives it is good 2. We sat in the front on the way to the MK and back and had the same driver. We had a nice conversation with him 2!

Epcot is my fav

Yea.......i rode in the front many times.......they even give u a co-piloting card...its cool....once the driver let my sister stear for a second.....no stear but push the lever thingy...the drivers strick up good convos too:sohappy:

Invero

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
We did about 5 years ago, from the MK to Epcot.. Just ask the guy when the monorail stops.. They usually let anyone that asks.

One thing to keep in mind... once you're on the train, you cannot transfer to the front.

Katherine

I've gotten to ride up front a few times because for one vacation me and my brother kinda saw it as a race... who can get to the CM and ask him first!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom