UO Vacation Planning Question

dreynolds1982

Original Poster
Going to WDW in October and doing a day at UO on Monday, Oct. 13. Crowd calendars seem to indicate OK crowds (4 out of 10 on most). Will be doing both parks in one day, but am getting the unlimited express pass option.

Obviously EP doesn't work for any of the HP stuff. For Gringotts/Diagon alley, would it be a better plan to go first thing straight there, or come back closer to closing time (park closes at 8 p.m.). There is early entry to US that day, plus I've heard that since everyone goes straight there, the wait times tend to be worse early then level out the rest of the day.

If we go later in the day, say 7 p.m., how late are they letting people get in line for Gringotts or even get into the section? Are they still doing the return times to get into DA now that we're no longer in summer season?

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

StageFrenzy

Was at UO today, DA has no wait to enter. Gringotts avg 15 minutes. @dreynolds1982 are you going park to park and only going for one day? I think you need at least two for full enjoyment. I am a AP and I only rode 6 different rides today because I didn't want to leave the HP area.

StageFrenzy

Today I went into IOA first to do the train trip from Hogwarts to Diagon alley. I thought it might be a little less crowded than the other direction. Lo and behold I got a cabin all to myself. Getting on gringotts as a single rider after it comes up from downtime is fun. Got to the loading area and no one else was there.

dreynolds1982

Original Poster
@StageFrenzy Yeah we are doing both parks in one day. It is a lot, but when been to UO a lot over the past 10 years so we've done most everything quite a bit. The main things were coming to see are all the new things since we were last there in 2011, the new HP stuff, Transformers and Simpsons. The Unlimited EP will get us into all the non HP stuff without too much of an issue.

Ideally we would have done two days anyway, but only have 4 full park days and 3 of those are for WDW.

Sounds like DA/Gringotts shouldn't be too much of an issue. I know it is less busy now than it will be when were there next month, but I can handle 20-40 min waits. Looking forward to it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom