unused points help

Mammymouse

Original Poster
I have 192 points that will expire on September 30, 2015 and I don't expect that we will be able to use them before then. What are the options I might have to avoid just letting them expire? Is selling them to an independent broker the only choice? I've researched it on the DVC website and couldn't find anything.

Tom

Beta Return
You can bank them into next year, then you'll have your full annual allotment PLUS these 192, and can use them to stay longer or in bigger accommodations (assuming you haven't already banked these points once).

Otherwise, you just let them expire, or you can rent them. If you rent them, I would recommend going through a broker. It's going to be tough to rent them, since they're only valid for stays for another month.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Did you already bank them from last year? If those are already banked points then your only option is to rent them out to not lose them. Or like @Tom said if you did not already bank them you bank them to save for next year. :)

Mammymouse

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions but yes, there were banked once already, hence my dilemma. Normally I can use them up during the year but we had a new granddaughter born and then a wedding for my son this summer so my vacation schedule got rearranged. October 1st is my use year begin and I wish it fell at another time. I'm not always in sync with it now that the grandkids are school age and we plan around them. Oh well - I'll figure something out. Thanks again!

Disneykidder

You could always bank them in RCI. I believe you'd have 2 years to use them there, too. You'd need to use them on an RCI exchange resort and couldn't put them back to DVC. But at last you won't lose them. Call member services for more info. :)

LSUxStitch

Thanks for the suggestions but yes, there were banked once already, hence my dilemma. Normally I can use them up during the year but we had a new granddaughter born and then a wedding for my son this summer so my vacation schedule got rearranged. October 1st is my use year begin and I wish it fell at another time. I'm not always in sync with it now that the grandkids are school age and we plan around them. Oh well - I'll figure something out. Thanks again!
Maybe rent them out to someone here?
Hint hint lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom