Unused Commemorative Tickets: worth?

JD10367

Original Poster
So I have collectibles no one can tell me the value of, because I think I was the only person dumb enough to do this. When MGM opened I bought a commemorative entry ticket. Being a Disney nut, I never used it. I've seen the collectible half on sale for $20 without the actual four-day pass still attached. I know in the past Disney would honor the value of an unused ticket by exchanging a compensatory ticket, so I could probably talk Disney into giving me a four-day non-PH in exchange for it. But I'm wondering if it's worth more as a collectible in its unused state.

mgm 1.JPG

I also have the same thing for EuroDisney but it's a one-day pass (I never went there so I don't remember how/when/where I bought it; they must've been selling them in WDW or the Disney Store at the time).
euro 1.JPG

Does anyone have any thoughts? I've never seen an unused commemorative on sale at the usual places (ebay, disneyana). Like I said, I might have been the only person weird enough to buy them and not use them, LOL.

Figments Friend

They are out there unused, but the reason they don't turn up much on the second hand market is likely because of owners want to hang on to them for sentimental reasons, or assume they are valuable collectors items.

In general, it's 'worth' tends to boil down to the current admission price as most old ticket media can be exchanged for current admission media.
You would think these special commemoratives would sell on the collectors market for more, but from what I have seen that rarely happens.
I saw a couple come up for sale on eBay a couple of months ago and both sold a few dollars lower then the current gate admission.

'Display stubs' as I call them ( the larger, decorative attached card to the actual ticket media segment ) generally come up more often for sale and are collectible for some.
Since they have no tickets attached and have been 'used', the price is more reasonable for those just wanting to have the often eye catching 'display stub'.
A common example is the EPCOT Center pre-opening commemorative ticket with its beautifully surreal artwork.
These 'used' varieties that consist of just the 'display stubs' or fancy envelope vary in price depending on condition, age, Park or Park Attraction.
The most I have seen one go for is about $25.

So it's really up to you what you want to do with them.
If these Parks mean something to you, keep them as a future investment.
Park admission is only going to keep going up in price, and every year sees a price increase.
If you don't think you will ever get over to Paris, consider selling you EuroDisney ticket for the current 1-day admission to that Park.

Hope this helps a little!
:)

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom