Unsure Which Parks to Pick

Wikkler

Original Poster
You should do all of them if it's possible.
So, on a 7 full day trip, we should do Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Wet 'n Wild, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Gatorland, Legoland, and Fun Spot?

Sorry if I was unclear, I meant in all Orlando.

Upvote 0

BrianV

What kind of ticket do you plan to buy, or is that part of the question?

Where are you staying and do you have a rental car? Need to know these two pieces of info.

For what it is worth, when we do disney, we stay on disney property and only do disney. Same when at universal. Haven't made it to sea world in many many many years. So when we go to universal in January, we'll spend a long weekend (Thursday -Sunday ) only at universal. In march we'll spend a long weekend only at disney world. With seven days you have time to branch out. But, you could easily spend 7 days at disney alone...

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

7 Full Days in WDW alone means you won't do about 70% of what the entire property has to offer. That is just on site at WDW. Then, add in all of the other stuff, you won't do about 99% of what is in Orlando. This is my advice and mine only...

1. If going to Universal, staying on site is a must. The "unlimited front of line pass" is incredible.
2. If you try to do all of the parks you mention, you are going to kill yourself and hate it. Sit back and plan better. You could do WDW or you could do Universal + Sea World + Legoland (maybe).
3. Rushing around like a chicken with its head cutoff is not a vacation. I would rather sit at home and let someone beat me in the head with a hammer. It would be less painful.

Upvote 0

Doodlyday

So, on a 7 full day trip, we should do Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Wet 'n Wild, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Gatorland, Legoland, and Fun Spot?

Ok. I would suggest the four Disney parks, Blizzard Beach and the two Universal Parks.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

yes! you're supposed to do 2 a day lol;)

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

We might go on a 7 full day trip next year and are wondering what parks to pick. Thanks.

If it's 7 full days, I would do 5 full days at WDW and 2 days at an on-site deluxe resort at Universal Orlando. At WDW, I would hit each of the 4 main parks plus Blizzard Beach. At Universal, I would do Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, taking advantage of EPA and the express passes from staying at on an-site deluxe.

Upvote 0

R W B

Just a little FYI, next time you post a question like this on a Disney forum that's not solely about Disney it would help everyone if you add more specifics and mention exactly what you mean in the original post, lol.

I'd say the 4 Disney parks, 2 universal parks and sea world or legoland.

Upvote 0

Shadowgate

Yeah, for my family 7 days is the very least number of days we would stay at WDW and we dont even do the waterparks! We have to have 3 days in MK (first and last day and one in the middle) and 2 days in Epcot plus one day each in DHS and AK. We added two days this next trip to goto Universal for the first time and we are staying at a deluxe to get the early park entry and express passes and that is with the idea that we will probably spend most of our time in one of the other of the HP areas.

Upvote 0

BrianV

7 days would be a major luxury for us. Typical for us is two full days with parts of arrival and departure days. But, we try to go every year or more. This summer we did blizzard beach arrival day, Epcot/Dhs day 2 and MK, Epcot, Dhs day 3.

Pace yourself. See some stuff. You won't see it all. Catch it next time.

I'm still curious where you plan to stay and if you'll have a car. Dramatically changes what you can and can't see easily.

Upvote 0

Wikkler

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies.

Yes, it was stupid of me not to say I wanted to do other resorts, too.

No, we are not interested in water parks this time.

After a family member saw Blackfish, that specific park is out of the question...

I would appreciate a break day, so that means 6 parks.

Yes, we will have a car.

We haven't figured out where we want to stay.

We're only doing 7 days because we're not exactly in a good financial situation right now and this is the best we can do.

2. If you try to do all of the parks you mention, you are going to kill yourself and hate it. Sit back and plan better. You could do WDW or you could do Universal + Sea World + Legoland (maybe).
I was rattling off my head the major parks in Orlando, I'm not interested in all of them, especially Fun Spot.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
All four parks at Disney, a day of rest and then two days at Universal. And if possible, stay on property at both, so you can take advantage of both Disney's and Universal's transportation, because parking at both is getting pretty expensive. Universal's Express Pass is an extra charge but comes free with a stay at one of the deluxe resorts. However, not all of the rides at Universal accept Express Pass. I understand the new hotel at Uni is similar to a Disney moderate and they've got some great specials on their website - room and tickets. And make sure you get a two park per day ticket so you can ride Hogwarts Express between Hogsmeade (IOA) and Diagon Alley (Universal Studios) without an issue.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Thanks for all your replies.

Yes, it was stupid of me not to say I wanted to do other resorts, too.

No, we are not interested in water parks this time.

After a family member saw Blackfish, that specific park is out of the question...

I would appreciate a break day, so that means 6 parks.

Yes, we will have a car.

We haven't figured out where we want to stay.

We're only doing 7 days because we're not exactly in a good financial situation right now and this is the best we can do.

I was rattling off my head the major parks in Orlando, I'm not interested in all of them, especially Fun Spot.
Don't let that film turn you off from visiting the park if you really want to. That film is edited to make it look worse than it is. Please do some research about the film and you will understand how bias it is and how the film makers lied.

7 days is plenty of time to see and do it all. Most Americans only get a full weeks vacation anyway, so just make the most of it!

Upvote 0

FoozieBear

I've been to all parks (minus the Disney water parks) so here's my two cents. Since you are going for seven days be sure to check out:

Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure. Try to plan it that not everything is so crammed and schedule tight.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom