Unpopular Disney Opinions

lazyboy97o

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, which ones would you take out?

Not contesting you at all. I've just never heard anyone say that before lol.
I'm not really sure. I'm just sick of the laziness of films being what dictates new content, be it from the people who run the parks or fans.

I like the new MM+ system. I think FP+ is a smart move, and I've never had issues with it.
I agree that Stitch isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Character meet and greets, as well as character meals, aren't just for children.
While I did not ride the previous versions of Journey Into Imagination, I have seen videos and they seem better than today's attraction. However, today's attraction is my favorite ride. Don't judge.

I can't stand the thought of World Showcase being taken over by disney movie characters. It was bad enough when they put The Three Cabelleros in Mexico....but Frozen, in World Showcase, come on....definitely better suited in MK

Lastly, Avatarland. No, just no.

Goofyernmost

1. I would rather go on Stitch than Country Bear Jamboree
  2. FP+ for the most part is much better than legacy Fastpass
  3. Soarin' is not the best ride at Epcot.
  4. I hate character meet & greets.
  5. Chef Mickey's was a very subpar experience.
  6. Toy Story Midway Mania is overrated.
  7. Carsland should not be brought to Florida.
  8. Lights of Winter at Epcot was just a smaller less impressive version of Osborne Lights.
  9. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is not that great.
  10. I don't like HalloWishes.
  11. I really enjoy Ellen's Energy Adventure.

1. Both are lame, but, mildly entertaining.
  2. You are correct!
  3. Agreed... That would be Mission: Space.
  4. What a waste of human energy those things are.
  5. Correct again.
  6. And that statement is "understated".
  7. Sorry... but on that one you couldn't be more wrong.
  8. Ah, now were back on track. That is true.
  9. Correct once again.
  10. Three correct observations in a row.
  11. I have to agree with that one as well.
You did pretty well on being 'right on'. You do need to work on a couple of them though.
;)

Thank you! Very helpful... Still doesn't mean I can keep up with the Spirit's posts, though! o_O
Take my word of this. You are better off not keeping up. Actually if you were to eliminate all the posts that are utterly useless in those, you would only have about 5 or 6 worthwhile ones to read.:bookworm:

DfromATX

Well, it's pretty simple. Disney would make more money with higher ticket prices, and the customers would primarily be richer - for lack of a better word. This would thin the crowd out and make the parks more manageable while generating more revenue for Disney. Thus, in return, Disney would do more refurbs, build new rides, restaurants, resorts, etc.

Now, I'm not sure if I, myself, agree or disagree with raising ticket prices, but just wanted to explain it to you. :)

I think that no matter how high Disney raises their prices (or any other company for that matter), people will still buy. I believe that goes for just about anything... housing, gas, technology, cars, etc. We adapt.

Uncle Remus

Well, it's pretty simple. Disney would make more money with higher ticket prices, and the customers would primarily be richer - for lack of a better word. This would thin the crowd out and make the parks more manageable while generating more revenue for Disney. Thus, in return, Disney would do more refurbs, build new rides, restaurants, resorts, etc.

Now, I'm not sure if I, myself, agree or disagree with raising ticket prices, but just wanted to explain it to you. :)

Exactly.

DfromATX

Thin out the herd. I'd gladly pay more for everything to offset any loss in revenue if it means less people and a higher quality consumer.

OK, I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. I think park costs are like change compared to the resort fees. I don't think raising park fees will cause people not to come, and people have other choices when it comes to where to stay.

Uncle Remus

I think park costs are like change compared to the resort fees. I don't think raising park fees will cause people not to come, and people have other choices when it comes to where to stay.

They are. That's my point. I'm sure there's a number that would price people out. If a day ticket cost double or more it would detour people I would think. I'm not talking about raising them just a few bucks.

Also I'm for raising prices all the way around to be more exact. That's why I said I'd gladly pay more for everything in my response. Resorts, merchandise, etc.

DfromATX

They are. That's my point. I'm sure there's a number that would price people out. If a day ticket cost double or more it would detour people I would think. I'm not talking about raising them just a few bucks.

Also I'm for raising prices all the way around to be more exact. That's why I said I'd gladly pay more for everything in my response. Resorts, merchandise, etc.

To be honest, I feel like that's kind of harsh. There's gotta be a better way to control crowds than to "weed out" the people who may not be able to afford going.

Uncle Remus

To be honest, I feel like that's kind of harsh. There's gotta be a better way to control crowds than to "weed out" the people who may not be able to afford going.

I have no problem with you feeling that way. It does sound harsh. But then again the point of this thread was to state an unpopular opinion.

Figaro928

Horizons is and was overrated. The only reason I mourn its loss is when i have to constantly read about how it was the best most perfect ride ever. There i said it...

Now, Come at me, bro

335px-The_Mob_Song_%28Gaston%27s_Plan%27s_Success%29_-Beauty_and_the_Beast.jpg

Uncle Remus

Of course not. But we're not talking whether to choose a value hotel vs a deluxe. Basically what he was saying though is for Disney to jack up the prices so that they can weed out the rif-raf. Make it for the select few only, like him. That's how I took it.

Then you took it wrong. If they did as I suggested I wouldn't be able to go as much either. I was merely stating an unpopular opinion as requested by the OP. I am of the belief that if they did as I suggested it would enhance the over all experience. Never called anyone riff raff. Never referred to myself as a select few.

Uncle Remus

OK, but then what did you mean by "higher quality consumer"?

Someone who will demand a higher standard and higher quality of product from Disney. If someone is willing to pay a lot more they will in turn expect a lot more. As it is now I feel we all get what we pay for. If they were to astronomically raise prices and provide us with the same product there would be an outcry I would I think. Raising prices in the manner I suggested would turn the current consumer base as a whole into a higher quality consumer base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom