Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

DisAl

Sounds to me like it WAS a magical day in that Disney still accommodated her family even though they were very late due to their own ineptitude.
:rolleyes: Some people are not happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.....

jloucks

Good grief people, then do what @Tony the Tigger suggested...unwatch the thread. You won't get any alerts. And ignore it when it pops up on the list of threads in Discussion Forums.

No one is forcing you to read...and comment on....the thread.

Human nature dictates that the complainers that complain about easily avoided irritants actually like complaining. Some say they go looking for said irritants so that they can complain.

So, theretofore, if you try to stop them from complaining you are making their day worse by making it better.

Forums are the quintessential proof that people like to complain. No place on earth are the irritants more easily avoided. Half the time the thread title is a dead give away of the topics in store for the reader. Does this stop them? Nay! They click into a thread and flippantly tell the asker to "learn to use the search function" or some other such unnecessary gruffness.

People are very entertaining.

Bonus points for legendary thread necromancy. I hope it never dies.

NiarrNDisney

Good grief people, then do what @Tony the Tigger suggested...unwatch the thread. You won't get any alerts. And ignore it when it pops up on the list of threads in Discussion Forums.

No one is forcing you to read...and comment on....the thread.

I think it comes down to the fact that in the rules of the forum we are asked not to "revive" old threads and yet people continue to keep commenting on this 3 year old thread that has been discussed to death. People have been flagged, warned and yelled at by others for doing so on other threads so why should this particular thread be given special treatment? I realize this like the Some Guy Broke my Nose thread are humorous but I do think all things do have their time and place so maybe should be ended or closed for future comments.

Goofyernmost

I think it comes down to the fact that in the rules of the forum we are asked not to "revive" old threads and yet people continue to keep commenting on this 3 year old thread that has been discussed to death. People have been flagged, warned and yelled at by others for doing so on other threads so why should this particular thread be given special treatment? I realize this like the Some Guy Broke my Nose thread are humorous but I do think all things do have their time and place so maybe should be ended or closed for future comments.
It's a little more difficult with this one because it is continuously being referred to by posters. It does no real harm to keep coming to life any more than it makes anything better. It is a unique post and worthy of many reincarnations if for nothing other then a few laughs.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Human nature dictates that the complainers that complain about easily avoided irritants actually like complaining. Some say they go looking for said irritants so that they can complain.

So, theretofore, if you try to stop them from complaining you are making their day worse by making it better.

Forums are the quintessential proof that people like to complain. No place on earth are the irritants more easily avoided. Half the time the thread title is a dead give away of the topics in store for the reader. Does this stop them? Nay! They click into a thread and flippantly tell the asker to "learn to use the search function" or some other such unnecessary gruffness.

People are very entertaining.

Who do i complain to about this post ? ;)

Tick Tock

This particular discussion is like the forum's own McRib sandwich. It comes around only certain times of the year, and when it does, it feels like a special occasion to us all. When we see it has awakened once more from weeks or months of slumber, we get excited, tell our loved ones, and get reunited with that warm inner joy that only this thread can bring about. It is a fabric of our community; a legacy, if you will. Our children & their children will speak of the time when they first learned of KatieBug, and her tales of unmagical experiences from days of yore.
When someone bumps this thread, they aren't recycling old rubbish. Nay. They are simply bringing about an old & timeless family heirloom for the rest of us to marvel at once more.

mousehockey37

This particular discussion is like the forum's own McRib sandwich. It comes around only certain times of the year, and when it does, it feels like a special occasion to us all. When we see it has awakened once more from weeks or months of slumber, we get excited, tell our loved ones, and get reunited with that warm inner joy that only this thread can bring about. It is a fabric of our community; a legacy, if you will. Our children & their children will speak of the time when they first learned of KatieBug, and her tales of unmagical experiences from days of yore.
When someone bumps this thread, they aren't recycling old rubbish. Nay. They are simply bringing about an old & timeless family heirloom for the rest of us to marvel at once more.

Until we get a new Katiebug that tops the current one...

You should know Batman, Gotham can never stay saved... There's always a new foe.

momimouse27

:D:D:DCan I triple like this post? Well, doesn't matter, I just did.

Christophero30

Thanks. I'm going back to see who the infamous Katiebug is. And I'm glad I didn't complain. :) PS I read her thread and the comments after are amusing. She's been to Disney 20 times and didn't know about the tram/ferry? Still I suppose it's a Disney complaint thread. I wonder if she's ever been back? It would be a shame if she didn't go back. I look forward to reading the rest of the comments.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

dILux0W.jpg

monykalyn

I'm new here, but I'm so glad someone revived this thread. I'm laughing so hard, and boy today I sure needed a good laugh! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I, too, am glad this was revived-as a few other threads randomly mention katiebug. I see now why it has reached the legendary status :joyfull:.

Christophero30

Katiebug has probably been to the parks 400 times since then and is having the last laugh sipping a drink with an umbrella in it poolside at the Boardwalk Resort. Wish I was doing that.....:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom