Universal testing Facial Recognition for Universal Express

trr1

Original Poster
this sounds neat if it works correctly

found here

Universal Orlando has begun testing “photo validation technology” at select attractions for guests with unlimited Universal Express from an on-site hotel, Orlando Informer has learned.

The test began today at Cat in the Hat. Instead of guests having to present their express pass ticket to a team member, facial recognition software tells the team member if they have express or not.

Since on-site hotel guests are already required to have their photo on their express ticket, no extra steps are required by the guest. Guests are able to opt out of this test by visiting guest services.
Dependent on how this test performs, expect to see it expand to other attractions and eventually possibly every attraction. If it works as intended, it will provide an added convenience for guests and expedite entry into express lines.

Stick with Orlando Informer for the latest news, tips, and rumors at Universal.

WR2D1fiU-768x1024.jpg

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Don't like it, way to big brother for me.

I think this is a response to TMs not checking the paper pass and just waving you through, who can blame them, the picture is indecipherable for the most part. This way something/someone is actually checking the pass. There is rampant abuse of the paper passes and while this is 1984ish they have to protect the value they are selling. Welcome to 2017, it will get worse. Banks, stores for CC use etc will be coming. Your ATM will check to see if it is you wanting $250 at 2am.

Minthorne

Facebook is a dream for the NSA, of course they wouldn't do anything with Facebook........

The amount of data being collected and matched up is a lot more then you probably think. One scary thought is if you pay cash and stay off of social media you are pretty much putting up a red flag to the secret police. It's not just the NSA BTW.

My prediction is somewhere along the way a hacking organization probably a foreign government will find out a back door in a commercial grade server or a back door in Windows, something big like that and the info goes up for whole sale or the internet gets crashed hard. I don't like the spy game going on now, it will ended badly for someone. The US is so lovable around world why would you one go after them?

I don't like pictures of myself or family being grouped together and stored. I don't use cloud storage either. All local.
d8ae124deae838f48ca1a46b22bea74d.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom