Universal Studios Signs Deal With Sanrio

lebeau

Are we seriously debating the popularity of Hello Kitty? It has its own aisle at Target, Toys R Us and Wal-Mart. Yes, it's popular.

helloKittyStuffAtToysRUs.jpg

jloucks

Hello Kitty? Seems like a bit of a niche item for little girls. ...and I mean little girls. My 14 daughter will have non-of it. Might be cultural tho too, I hear it is big in Asia.

Animaniac93-98

What's amazing about Hello Kitty's popularity in the West is that we have no cartoons, movies or commercials to push the products on us.

Years ago there was a cartoon show in that aired in the states that Wiki says was a portion of a Japanese TV series.

I'm sure if the Hub were to create a new Flash-based show it would be a hit.

mahnamahna101

This must be the first time that Universal has been accused of pandering to the interests of little girls with parental pester-power. It's usually the other place that has that one sewn up!
Adding this and My Little Pony would be a pretty brilliant move by Universal to expand their family demos. Same goes for Nintendo, too.
Really, they should have turned Gardens of Allah into a 25th-anniversary museum, with some of the Lucy exhibits going there. Then, Hello Kitty could take over the Lucy space without anyone getting too upset.

AndyS2992

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Adding this and My Little Pony would be a pretty brilliant move by Universal to expand their family demos. Same goes for Nintendo, too.

Really, they should have turned Gardens of Allah into a 25th-anniversary museum, with some of the Lucy exhibits going there. Then, Hello Kitty could take over the Lucy space without anyone getting too upset.
Regardless of Lucy and the museum, Hello Kitty does not belong front-and-center as you enter the park. Stick that stuff in CityWalk or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom