Universal Studios Signs Deal With Sanrio

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
On the heels of some major announcements (Kong, Nintendo, NBCSorts Grill and Brew, and Volcano Bay), Universal announced today that they will be bringing Hello Kitty and other Sanrio IPs to the parks in the form of an interactive retail experience.

http://www./headlines/hello-kitty-s...ndo-and-hollywood-in-partnership-with-sanrio/

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Disney has tons of princess, girly stuff, Hello Kitty would get lost there after a while. This will be a good super girly addition to US.
It's not just that, it's all the new stuff UNI seems to be getting. It's so much we are finally going over there for a few days on our next trip.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Disney has tons of princess, girly stuff, Hello Kitty would get lost there after a while. This will be a good super girly addition to US.
Since to Orlando demo has a high percentage of little princesses, it makes sense for Uni to up their game in appealing to that market. The only market Uni is ignoring is the stroller brigade. And I believe that is intentional.

brb1006

That's interesting news, since Hello Kitty is one of the three main mascots for Universal Studios Japan along with Elmo and Snoopy. As a Sanrio fan, I wonder if Cinnamoroll and his friends might show up?

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
And Uni knows that to appeal to Princess Snowflake, a M&G trumps a ride. Throw in couple of salon chairs where, for $50, Princess Snowflake gets a hair band with a pink bow, whiskers drawn on her face, and a sprinkle of glitter. Add to all of that, a confectionery with
hello_kitty_cupcakes_by_sliceofcake-d3d9ypu.jpg

I predict this store will print money.

brb1006

And Uni knows that to appeal to Princess Snowflake, a M&G trumps a ride. Throw in couple of salon chairs where, for $50, Princess Snowflake gets a hair band with a pink bow, whiskers drawn on her face, and a sprinkle of glitter. Add to all of that, a confectionery with
hello_kitty_cupcakes_by_sliceofcake-d3d9ypu.jpg

I predict this store will print money.
Along with the new Nintendo area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom