Universal Studios Hollywood hits capacity and strong attendance in general

Mike S

Better yet, a dark ride through the castle based on the Universal movie monsters. Why Universal parks don't do anything with the movie monsters beyond shows and m&g is beyond me.
They are making new movies so if they're successful who knows.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why Universal parks don't do anything with the movie monsters beyond shows and m&g is beyond me.

Is there a large audience that about them? Maybe if the studio produced some new films that were successful (ie: Marvel, Star Wars), but at the moment those characters and properties are a bit tired.

Phroobar

Is there a large audience that about them? Maybe if the studio produced some new films that were successful (ie: Marvel, Star Wars), but at the moment those characters and properties are a bit tired.
I think so. Every year there is a vampire movie or two. Frankenstein and the wolfman have been done a bunch of times recently. Universal's movie monsters are iconic and deserve something big in the parks. They are what helped built Universal in the early days. The monsters are still around but until recently they haven't had a Marvel universe treatment. Dracula Untold with that final scene in modern times kind of starts a Monster Squad thing. The Tom Cruise Mummy movie is suppose to add on to that universe. I don't know if they will ever be Marvel level but I would sure love to see this over a stupid dark ride based on the Secret Life of Pets.

Californian Elitist

I always thought they should of done a Haunted Mansion style Casper ride.

Universal should capitalize on their horror films for sure (not saying Casper is a horror film lol). That is one thing that bothers me about Universal...they don't create attractions based on their own material too much. They're sitting on multiple gold mines. Going back to their lineup of horror films, it would be great to see more of them integrated into the park.

Mike S

I think so. Every year there is a vampire movie or two. Frankenstein and the wolfman have been done a bunch of times recently. Universal's movie monsters are iconic and deserve something big in the parks. They are what helped built Universal in the early days. The monsters are still around but until recently they haven't had a Marvel universe treatment. Dracula Untold with that final scene in modern times kind of starts a Monster Squad thing. The Tom Cruise Mummy movie is suppose to add on to that universe. I don't know if they will ever be Marvel level but I would sure love to see this over a stupid dark ride based on the Secret Life of Pets.
Dracula Untold is apparently not part of the new monster universe due to its reception.
Universal should capitalize on their horror films for sure (not saying Casper is a horror film lol). That is one thing that bothers me about Universal...they don't create attractions based on their own material too much. They're sitting on multiple gold mines. Going back to their lineup of horror films, it would be great to see more of them integrated into the park.
Sadly I'm thinking it'll be more likely to see the monsters come to UOR's third park than USH. At first anyway.
Why waste $$$ on monsters when you have something timeless like Jimmy Fallon?? :facepalm:
It could easily be updated with new Tonight Show hosts as time goes on I'm guessing. It also sounds much better than Twister and is more of a thematic fit for the New York section.
They made a land out of 28 seasons of the Simpsons. Who the heck watches that anymore?
Idk but the land makes money and I do enjoy the Simpsons ride.

Stevek

Idk but the land makes money and I do enjoy the Simpsons ride.

I made it through 30 seconds of the Simpsons ride before I was ready to throw up. Literally the closest Iv'e ever come to throwing up because of a ride. Got to the bathroom and put cold water on my face for about 5 minutes...yes, I'm a wuss.

Californian Elitist

The Simpsons Ride is terrible. Why does is all look like that Halloween episode where Homer is computer animated instead of the actual show?

I feel like Universal really dropped the ball with that too. Back to the Future is more popular now than ever. They could have just updated that ride and it would have been a hit.

This, this, THIS.

Going back to what I said earlier, Universal refuses to capitalize on their hits, for whatever reason. There was no legit reason to ax BTTF. The ride could have stayed and the area that is now Springfield could have been Hill Valley.

mickEblu

The Simpsons Ride is terrible. Why does is all look like that Halloween episode where Homer is computer animated instead of the actual show?

I feel like Universal really dropped the ball with that too. Back to the Future is more popular now than ever. They could have just updated that ride and it would have been a hit.

And don't get me started on E.T.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom