Universal Studios Hollywood hits capacity and strong attendance in general

Next Big Thing

A LOT of folks disagree with you, many opt for the VIP Experience at over $300 a person...
The VIP Experience is the only way I would ever do USH. I've looked at it in the past and thought about it, possibly this summer. There's no way i'd pay $100 to wait in lines all day though for stuff I can do 20 minutes from my house.

The VIP Experience really is a steal in the grand scheme of things when you look at what you're getting.

D

Deleted member 107043

The Transformers ride is great. And I'm not a Transformers fan.

I haven't been to a Universal park in decades, but Transformers looks cool. Honestly after all these years of hype I still don't quite understand what the Potter ride is exactly.

Phroobar

I haven't been to a Universal park in decades, but Transformers looks cool. Honestly after all these years of hype I still don't quite understand what the Potter ride is exactly.
Imagine you are sitting on the end of a robot arm. This arm is attached to a dark ride vehicle that drives through a warehouse. As you drive around, the arm swings you around in different places to see movies or large AA figures or scenes.

D

Deleted member 107043

Funny because I'll be in the area for a conference this week, but no time for visiting theme parks unfortunately.

Curious Constance

No. It's really hard to describe, but it's sensational. Easily the most creative and fun ride system I've ever been on. Highly recommend checking it out on your next trip down.
If someone is deathly afraid of "thrill" rides, would they be okay on Harry Potter? My husband's favorite ride is Small World to put thing into perspective.

He's been on Splash Mountain a couple times, though he didn't like it. And he nearly died on TOT. He still has PTSD from that ride. lol

Mike S

If someone is deathly afraid of "thrill" rides, would they be okay on Harry Potter? My husband's favorite ride is Small World to put thing into perspective.

He's been on Splash Mountain a couple times, though he didn't like it. And he nearly died on TOT. He still has PTSD from that ride. lol
Harry Potter is not for him unless you're talking about the Hogwarts Express here in Florida.

dweezil78

So if I convince him to ride it, how much trouble will I be in after he rides? Is it awful or does it mainly jerk you around mostly?

I can go on the most intense, scariest coasters at Magic Mountain generally with no issues and even I got a little woozy during Forbidden Journey. It's smooth, but it effortlessly moves you around like a rag doll at angles you've probably never been situated in before. That said, it's all very much well worth it!!! But yeah, you're probably going to be in some trouble. :)

Phroobar

It's slightly sickening, but I don't know. It's cool. The queue line is the best part. They should have done a Haunted Mansion style dark ride through the castle, but Universal is all thrills.
Better yet, a dark ride through the castle based on the Universal movie monsters. Why Universal parks don't do anything with the movie monsters beyond shows and m&g is beyond me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom