Universal Studios Hollywood hits capacity and strong attendance in general

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-universal-studios-attendance-20170103-story.html

>>The new year started off well for Universal Studios Hollywood, as the theme park broke attendance records Monday and was forced to close its gates for the first time in the park’s history.

Although the theme park doesn’t report daily attendance numbers, industry experts estimate that the park welcomed more than 40,000 visitors Monday — so many that the park’s gates were closed to new customers just after noon.<<

By the way, that is not true, Universal has had to close to new guests many times decades ago, when the first thing you did was ride the Tram Tour, no other option (The park opened in stages, and the after tram experiences was the last section to open). But the Tram had multiple stops back then. It forced the first "Fast Pass" system, as the park changed its format, and opened the Upper Lot at opening, and handed out return times to board the tram, in one hour blocks.

D

Deleted member 107043

Although the theme park doesn’t report daily attendance numbers, industry experts estimate that the park welcomed more than 40,000 visitors Monday

Wow, so it looks like WWoHP has finally had a notable impact on USH attendance. It took awhile for it to happen.

I read somewhere that for the first time in years Disneyland only closed a couple of times this holiday season, and only for a few hours each time. At least one blogger attributed it to this being the first Christmas with the new AP blackout dates for all but the most expensive passes. Nevertheless, in its weekly resort update, MiceAge posted this terrifying image of a mobbed New Orleans Square from the past weekend.

Capture (1).PNG

Californian Elitist

I made plans to go to Universal yesterday with some friends, but I couldn't because I had too many errands to run. Happy to hear the park saw lots of guests, but I'm very glad I wasn't there yesterday!

Disneyhead'71

While attendance didn't quite hit projections this summer, no one at USH was sad about the record per guest spending since WWOHP opened. They seriously bungled their AP a program but seem to have finally settled on a model that's mostly working.

That said, I cannot imagine how miserable USH must be with 45,000 people inside.
Pretty much like any Disney park when they get to phase closings. As in, I wouldn't want to be there.

Stevek

While attendance didn't quite hit projections this summer, no one at USH was sad about the record per guest spending since WWOHP opened. They seriously bungled their AP a program but seem to have finally settled on a model that's mostly working.

That said, I cannot imagine how miserable USH must be with 45,000 people inside.
It has to be beyond miserable, as bad if not worse than DL on one of the recent crowded days.

TP2000

I thought they were managers.

OK, managers.

Managers of Security Cast Members : )

I've chatted with those types of CM's while waiting for a parade or Fantasmic!. That blue necktie gives them away and they aren't managers, they are crowd control shift leads, or hourly supervisors. Nice kids, but they take their crowd control duties very seriously.

These two here appear to have struck a superhero pose after slaying the stroller parking area for Pirates of the Caribbean. Again, they take their crowd control duties very seriously. :D

Phroobar

So these kind of supervisors have to scramble to get CMs for an attraction when someone doesn't show up for work?

D

Deleted member 107043

I've chatted with those types of CM's while waiting for a parade or Fantasmic!. That blue necktie gives them away and they aren't managers, they are crowd control shift leads, or hourly supervisors. Nice kids, but they take their crowd control duties very seriously.

Now that's the kind of Disneyland job I could excel at.

"No, ma'am, I'm sorry you can't park that mobile living room you call a stroller here"

"Blankets belong in the bedroom, not in the parade viewing area, thanks"

"It's called Adventureland not Jungle Land"

"Lower your voice please. We don't like loud noises at Disneyland"

"Uhm-mmm, sure. Walt is rolling in his grave, now keep it moving"

Curious Constance

Now that's the kind of Disneyland job I could excel at.

"No, ma'am, I'm sorry you can't park that mobile living room you call a stroller here"

"Blankets belong in the bedroom, not in the parade viewing area, thanks"

"It's called Adventureland not Jungle Land"

"Lower your voice please. We don't like loud noises at Disneyland"

"Uhm-mmm, sure. Walt is rolling in his grave, now keep it moving"
lol blankets belong in the bedroom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom