Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

Mike S

16044524945_94b1a8d2bf_o.jpg
Deja vu. I know I've seen this before ;)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I wonder if we'll ever get anything further in Orlando's Springfield. Looks like you guys are getting something much more elaborate.
Honestly, I don't think Hollywood is getting anything that's not already in Orlando. Their's just looks more impressive because there's a second layer of facade to help hide what's behind it.

Californian Elitist

And that's what I'm talking about. The extra faceds make it look better.

Honestly, I don't see what you're seeing. The facades look the same to me, for the most part. Could you provide me with some examples or photos as to what the differences are? I know the layout is different in both parks, but that's about it.

Mike S

Honestly, I don't see what you're seeing. The facades look the same to me, for the most part. Could you provide me with some examples or photos as to what the differences are? I know the layout is different in both parks, but that's about it.
image.jpg

I can tell you from experience we do not have any of the "second floor" facades that you guys are getting. The School, PowerPlant, Springfield sign, etc. Like Despicable Me Hollywood is getting something a little more fleshed out. We did get Diagon Alley so it's not ALL bad.

Californian Elitist

View attachment 81360
I can tell you from experience we do not have any of the "second floor" facades that you guys are getting. The School, PowerPlant, Springfield sign, etc. Like Despicable Me Hollywood is getting something a little more fleshed out. We did get Diagon Alley so it's not ALL bad.

Is it that the buildings are taller because of the second floors in Hollywood? I can see that the buildings are bunched up in Hollywood, as opposed to spread out in Orlando. Still looks the same to me.

cheezbat

The Hollywood facades look much better than what we got in Orlando. Yeah, ours is spread out more, but this just looks better to me.

Just like Despicable Me...which is way more fleshed out in Hollywood.

Californian Elitist

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

From the Studio Tour:

IMG_0207.jpg

Speaking of the Studio Tour, in honor of USH's 50th anniversary, Universal has created a video of the backlot's history, which is over a century old.

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Lights around the sets on the backlot:

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Bates Motel (Psycho) is back from its refurbishment and it looks so much better:

IMG_0178.jpg

Springfield is apparently expected to open tomorrow:

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Very close to Potter:

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

http://micechat.com/97622-universal-hollywood-springfield/

Californian Elitist

@raven24 how big is USH compared to USF?

I've never been to USF, but I'm sure USH is tiny in comparison. A good chunk of the land in Hollywood is used for the backlot for the studio tour and filming various television shows and movies. It was a backlot tour first, in 1914, but in 1964, a theme park was added, so there isn't a ton of room at the park. USH by far the smallest theme park I've ever visited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom