Universal Orlando, from above

photoflight

Original Poster
Yeah, the big "castle" - whatever it's called - is about the only part of it that I didn't get a close-up of.

Anyhow...here's the rest for now:

Click to make 'em super mega sized!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

The wider-angle ones are with a Nikon D200 w/Tokina 12-24. The others are with a Nikon D300 w/Nikkon 135mm f/2.8

Good stuff. Stunning pics - the best Orlando overheads I've seen.

Are you heading to the Disney area anytime with a plane and a couple of Nikons?! ;)

sillykid

As always your shots are incredible. Remember some of your great shots a couple years back that were in one of the photo of the day threads for Disney. Love that your shot of Jaws caught one of the pyros going off and you caught the flames.

a2grafix

Been the Universal three timesin past three years on holiday, and have eaten at the Hard Rock Cafe. Never noticed though, the outline of an electric guitar near the front entrance -- and the frets of the neck are the stairs and handrails.

All awesome shots!

timeman

Been the Universal three timesin past three years on holiday, and have eaten at the Hard Rock Cafe. Never noticed though, the outline of an electric guitar near the front entrance -- and the frets of the neck are the stairs and handrails.

All awesome shots!

I liked the original Hard Rock they had there in the 90s as you could really see the shape of a guitar with the neck being the walkway. Here is a link to a picture of the original Hard Rock cafe in at Universal Studios from before Citywalk.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8329/thenandnow.jpg

sillykid

I liked the original Hard Rock they had there in the 90s as you could really see the shape of a guitar with the neck being the walkway. Here is a link to a picture of the original Hard Rock cafe in at Universal Studios from before Citywalk.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8329/thenandnow.jpg

I could not agree with you more. I do enjoy the new Universal, but really loved that you parked a hop away from the gate and the Hard Rock. I mean to think that whole lagoon/riverway was the old parking lot. And that building was one of the coolest. I went and checked it out last visit, and like your picture shows, you see the main body of the guitar, but I think about all the people who never knew what it once was.

photoflight

Original Poster
Good stuff. Stunning pics - the best Orlando overheads I've seen.

Are you heading to the Disney area anytime with a plane and a couple of Nikons?! ;)

Unfortunately no. I did part of Disney's property for them several years ago and getting into their airspace was truly a pain. Since 9/11 the airspace is almost completely off-limits without prior permission. We lucked out and managed to do their photography without getting into the airspace.

That's only up to 3000ft but I prefer shooting from 2000-2500ft and below. All my Universal work was from 1500ft.

photoflight

Original Poster
As always your shots are incredible. Remember some of your great shots a couple years back that were in one of the photo of the day threads for Disney. Love that your shot of Jaws caught one of the pyros going off and you caught the flames.

Thanks!

Timing is everything...I mean, luck! :)

photoflight

Original Poster
Until you guys talked about the "Hard Rock" I forgot about these, the Hard Rock Hotel and the Portofino Bay:

photoflight

Original Poster
Kind of off topic but, y'all coming in from out of town - here are your terminals at MCO/OIA. Two of 'em anyway :)

timeman

which pic and where?

oh and to the OP, fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing :cool:

Look at the second photo in post #9. Click on the photo to enlarge it and look under the lamppost on the corner of the street near the top right of the photo right before the lagoon. It is right under that tree, but is visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom