Universal Orlando: Both parks in one day

geomelin

Original Poster
hi

I wonder if it's possible to do both parks in one day (I only have one day in my programme).
I have these pros:
(A) I will stay in a universal orlando hotel, so I get the express pass (no wait in line)
(B) I can visit the parks one hour earlier so as to enjoy Harry Potter world

My plan is
(A) Harry Potter at US to experience the attraction ride
(B) The train to Harry Potter at IOA to experience the rides there
C) do the other attractions at IOA
(D) the train back to US
(E) do the other attractions at US

do you think it's doable?

Jeffxz

Yes, especially if you are concentrating on the rides. It will be tough to see all the shows and do all the rides in one day. But with express you should be able to hit all of the headliners in one day.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
hi

I wonder if it's possible to do both parks in one day (I only have one day in my programme).
I have these pros:
(A) I will stay in a universal orlando hotel, so I get the express pass (no wait in line)
(B) I can visit the parks one hour earlier so as to enjoy Harry Potter world

My plan is
(A) Harry Potter at US to experience the attraction ride
(B) The train to Harry Potter at IOA to experience the rides there
C) do the other attractions at IOA
(D) the train back to US
(E) do the other attractions at US

do you think it's doable?
No, it is not. Even with unlimited Express Pass. You'll need at least 2, if not 3 days to see and experience it all...even off season.

Also, note, you can't stay at the Cabana Bay resort and get the Express Pass benefit. Only the three other "deluxe" hotels.

And, last I checked, Forbidden Journey has no Express Pass line (that could have changed, but I don't think it did, but you should check that on the uni site). My recommendation to get a low line for it is either really early, or really late (right before closing).

geomelin

Original Poster
And, last I checked, Forbidden Journey has no Express Pass line (that could have changed, but I don't think it did, but you should check that on the uni site). My recommendation to get a low line for it is either really early, or really late (right before closing).

You don't have express pass in any of the Harry Potter attraction! I am planning to do the first thing in the morning taking advantage of the early entrance! I know I cannot avoid all the lines, but If I choose the headliners ride and leave behind some shows, I think I can do them in one day!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You don't have express pass in any of the Harry Potter attraction! I am planning to do the first thing in the morning taking advantage of the early entrance! I know I cannot avoid all the lines, but If I choose the headliners ride and leave behind some shows, I think I can do them in one day!
Good luck with that!

Post a trip report! I'd love to read your tactics!

fosse76

No, it is not. Even with unlimited Express Pass. You'll need at least 2, if not 3 days to see and experience it all...even off season.

Also, note, you can't stay at the Cabana Bay resort and get the Express Pass benefit. Only the three other "deluxe" hotels.

I disagree. With judicious use of Express Pass and single rider lines, even on busy days experiencing both parks is doable. However, as mentioned above, only Universal's deluxe hotels offer Express Pass. But if you get there for early entry to Harry Potter (which is currently at IOA), that should help move things along. Also, as has also been stated, seeing all the shows will probably not be feasible. The only ones I'd plan on doing are Terminator (US considers it a show now, and they do list the times for it) and the Diagon Alley shows (they are short, but the times are available on the Universal Orlando Resort App). And also, skip things you don't have an interest in. Skipping Beetlejuice or Twister or Shrek 4-D or Sinbad or whatever is not going to lessen your experience. So if something doesn't peak your interest, don't do it. Save it for a trip where you'll have more time.

geomelin

Original Poster
My only concern is which is the best idea to save time:

(1) Return to Universal Studios (from Island of Adventures) by the Hogwarts Express (early afternoon) or
(2) Exit Island of Adventures and go to Universal Studios on foot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom