Universal/IOA Closings and reduced hours

woofboy111

Original Poster
Over the past few times that I've gone to the parks (last two weeks), I've noticed that they are cutrting back on a lot of things.

At Islands of Adventure, the Confisco grill is closed up (only sit down resturant there that I haven't eaten at...:brick:). The Island skipper tours that transport you to one side of the park to the other have been shut down (haven't rode these either). The candy store in Suess landing also is closed up. Also, Dr. Doom's Fear fall closes an hour before the rest of the park now.

At Universal, every thing seems to be open now (except for the stuff that closes down for horror nights), but Terminator is on reduced hours. Instead of running every 20 minutes, they run it every hour and a half.

I don't know if this is a result of how everyone says the parks are doing bad, or another reason. If you know, tell me!

woofboy111

Original Poster
On sat. went to IoA again and it seems like they closed some more stuff. Tricertops encouter, or whatever they call it now (I believe "Triceratops Exploration Trail") has a sign out front saying it's broken. This has been up for over a month now, and I doubt that all of the Triceratops are messed up enough for them to close it for that long.

Also, Posidon's fury doesn't run every 20 minutes anymore. It now has set show times.

mandib

My sister is going to be so made about the triceratops thing! She keeps thinking its getting bigger! I'm a little mad about the T2 thing but who care I'll be there in less then a week!

MichBiv

Hi!
I just returned home to CT on Saturday....I heard lots and lots of complaints with people in IOA and Universal. I, myself, had a great time... little disappointed that Kong was closed (really wanted my bf to go on it!) but since the parks were so empty ( I went to Universal on Halloween and IOA on Friday, Universal was EMPTY until the night shift rolled in... and IOA was packed) but with the reduction in show times it only allows you more time to look and enjoy. I have been a couple of times before and it seemed like it was such a rush and waste of standing in line. This time I got to enjoy it more and the shows (including T2) were as full as on a summer day since there were less shows. I was able to get on everything I wanted and Universal Express was great in IOA. My bf and I finished both parks before closing (which NOW is as early is 5:30 :mad: ) and still had time to relax and shop and we were able to catch happy hour at City Walk without feeling we were missing something at the park. :slurp:

woofboy111

Original Poster
It is kind of hard not to miss something in the park, especially when there so empty, but they need to close later.

I went to Universal on monday and noticed that they closed up the Monsters Cafe. This restureant was normally closed, and only open for lunch, but now it's taken off of the map for now at least.

woofboy111

Original Poster
On Christmas Eve, I went to IoA, and besides from being suprized of how empty it was on a holiday, I was also suprized at seing that everything that had been closed down, has been reopened in the park. That includes Tricertops discovery trail, island skipper tours, resturants, and even the un-advertized fireworks (not even on the map!).

i may have missed something, but I'm happy that everything's re opened!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom