Universal Dining Plan

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Our go to vacation is WDW but since the kids are now teenagers and we were at WDW last year we decided to try something diffferent. We've booked a trip to Universal Orlando the last week of August as an end of the summer playcation with the kids before school starts.

We're staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort in a poolside room. We have an explorer ticket, which gives us access to all three parks during our length of stay. We're quite excited about this trip; the last time we were to Universal the kids were both in elementary school, now they're in High school.

I did not add the dining option to our trip, but was wondering how this compares to the WDW dining plan or is out of pocket a better choice?

JoeCamel

Our go to vacation is WDW but since the kids are now teenagers and we were at WDW last year we decided to try something diffferent. We've booked a trip to Universal Orlando the last week of August as an end of the summer playcation with the kids before school starts.

We're staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort in a poolside room. We have an explorer ticket, which gives us access to all three parks during our length of stay. We're quite excited about this trip; the last time we were to Universal the kids were both in elementary school, now they're in High school.

I did not add the dining option to our trip, but was wondering how this compares to the WDW dining plan or is out of pocket a better choice?
If you like chicken and ribs you can make it pay but if not then don't get it. For more go here;
https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/dining-plan

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. We figured OOP would work best. In the heat of summer in FL, we don't typically have a huge appetite, so we figured we could get away with splitting meals or if we eat at CityWalk we could possibly do a bunch of different appetizers, etc.

JoeCamel

Thanks for the reply. We figured OOP would work best. In the heat of summer in FL, we don't typically have a huge appetite, so we figured we could get away with splitting meals or if we eat at CityWalk we could possibly do a bunch of different appetizers, etc.
I prefer it that way. I am not a fan of chicken and ribs

danpam1024

We like to get a bunch of apps and share, CW has great food options....like WDW used to before the DDP made their food all taste the same. BTW, I have always crunched the numbers and no dining plan is ever a "deal", just more of a budgeting tool (if you don't mind being told what you can eat).

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Thanks, I agree. Disney has been switching up the dining plan so much. I remember the days when the tip and an appetizer were included in the dining plan...now that was a bargain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom