Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Bairstow

How will Gringotts 3D glasses be themed?

CI_60840_1334336969.jpg

magicallactose

Just throwing this out there for conversation sake in regards to future media attractions. I assure you there out of the box.

Hogwarts Express: Utilizing a close quarters multimedia experience with no glasses. The most high tech and innovative tech used in a media based attraction to date. The amazing part of this is the proximity of the screens used and the guests location. It will lifelike to the point you think your actually looking outside and not at a monitor.

Gringotts: A hybrid dark ride and rollercoaster utilizing 3d media portals(yes you will wear glasses), live action effects, massive sets, and a ride system so high tech it's going to make the Forbidden Journey look like a standard Omnimover. This single attraction is requiring a new level of collaboration among numerous vendors and manufacturers. This will be the crown jewel of creative to date.

Everything about both Gringotts and HE sound spectacular. And the thing that excites me most is your description of 'massive sets' mixed with 3D screen technology. This is something that we haven't seen done before.

cheezbat

I really had hoped Gringotts wouldn't be in 3-D. It's everywhere in the Studios park, and honestly, I too am wishing there were more physical set type attractions. We've got Despicable Me...3-D simulator, Shrek...4-D theater show, Transformers...3-D dark ride, Terminator 2 3-D...theater show...

That's just the 3-D...lets not forget we have the Simpsons ride too, which is a screen based motion simulator, then Hogwarts Express which sounds to be a train ride simulator, and Gringotts...another 3-D ride?

I hope the next 3-4 attractions after Potter have nothing to do with 3-D and screens.

magicallactose

I really had hoped Gringotts wouldn't be in 3-D. It's everywhere in the Studios park, and honestly, I too am wishing there were more physical set type attractions. We've got Despicable Me...3-D simulator, Shrek...4-D theater show, Transformers...3-D dark ride, Terminator 2 3-D...theater show...

That's just the 3-D...lets not forget we have the Simpsons ride too, which is a screen based motion simulator, then Hogwarts Express which sounds to be a train ride simulator, and Gringotts...another 3-D ride?

I hope the next 3-4 attractions after Potter have nothing to do with 3-D and screens.

But all the hints from various insiders imply that Gringotts is not going to be simply another '3D simulator'. People have said there will be animtronics, massive physical show scenes, and live special effects combined with screen elements.

cheezbat

But all the hints from various insiders imply that Gringotts is not going to be simply another '3D simulator'. People have said there will be animtronics, massive physical show scenes, and live special effects combined with screen elements.

And hopefully it will be a ride with all of those things and no budget cuts...

It could be the most amazing ride...

magicallactose

And hopefully it will be a ride with all of those things and no budget cuts...

It could be the most amazing ride...

True, we don't know how good this thing will be until we`re sitting in those mine carts. But considering what a success phase 1 was and the greater scale and ambition of phase 2, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that Gringotts won`t suffer from too many budget cuts.

Skunk

Just throwing this out there for conversation sake in regards to future media attractions. I assure you there out of the box.

Hogwarts Express: Utilizing a close quarters multimedia experience with no glasses. The most high tech and innovative tech used in a media based attraction to date. The amazing part of this is the proximity of the screens used and the guests location. It will lifelike to the point you think your actually looking outside and not at a monitor.

I have a hard time buying that one; the "lifelike to the point you think your actually looking outside and not at a monitor" bit. It will be awesome and immersive but I simply don't think defeating the uncanny valley with screens is going to happen. Rumor is it's glasses-less 3D screens, like a giant high-definition Nintendo 3DS screen, right?

Jason1980

So does anyone have a rough date for opening/testing? I was expecting this have started soft openings to the public by now or very soon.

djlaosc

So does anyone have a rough date for opening/testing? I was expecting this have started soft openings to the public by now or very soon.

From Screamscape...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_florida.htm#Transformers

Screamscape said:
Wild Rumor time… I don’t know how valid this is but according to a Universal Orlando visitor, a cast member staffed outside the Transformers ride area was telling the guests passing by that the ride would have a grand opening on Friday, June 21st. Don’t buy your tickets just yet, but if all the other rumors are true, that does sound like a fairly safe bet for it to open by… if not a “soft opening” weeks before that.

HTF

It's getting pretty close to opening. Too bad I'll be there before that. Dangit!

Still have a little ways to go. Were still missing several RV's from the plant in Maryland, Ride Op training doesn't start until May week 1, and still programming. Target date for softs isn't until around May 15th.

Jason1980

Still have a little ways to go. Were still missing several RV's from the plant in Maryland, Ride Op training doesn't start until May week 1, and still programming. Target date for softs isn't until around May 15th.

I hope so. I am travelling over from the UK on the 4th of May until the 18th so was hoping to catch the soft openings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom