Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

misterID

You would of put the Avengers in the Studios?

No, in IOA. I would have liked to have seen Studios get something else in that area.Maybe a horror themed ride. But it's a shame UNI creative didn't get a shot at making Stark Expo.

JT3000

No, in IOA. I would have liked to have seen Studios get something else in that area.Maybe a horror themed ride. But it's a shame UNI creative didn't get a shot at making Stark Expo.

You know Transformers is (nearly) the exact same ride system as Spider-Man, right? Turning it into an Avengers attraction would be waaaay redundant.

I don't think a horror ride was ever an option. A haunted walkthrough perhaps, but the one in Hollywood isn't staffed too well. It was also created at a time when the park didn't have HHN.

misterID

Not really. I think there are some real differences in the rides themselves and it's like saying you can't have more than one coaster or omnimover in the same park as it would be too redundant. It seems like that style of ride is a signature UNI stye of attraction now, so more than likey, we'll see more rides like it in the same park anyway.

And the horror ride is just something I'd like to see.

AswaySuller

It's more than just the same ride system.. it uses the same tricks, effects and show elements.

It'd be like having Indy and Dinosaur in the same park.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not really. I think there are some real differences in the rides themselves and it's like saying you can't have more than one coaster or omnimover in the same park as it would be too redundant. It seems like that style of ride is a signature UNI stye of attraction now, so more than likey, we'll see more rides like it in the same park anyway.

And the horror ride is just something I'd like to see.

Nah... Buzz vs HM.. both omni's but the core of the attraction and what you experience from them is different, they share technology, not experiences. Spidey/Transformers.. both essentially the same type of ride experience AND same technology. It's like ST vs ST2.0... but you left ST one block over.

misterID

It's more than just the same ride system.. it uses the same tricks, effects and show elements.
Nah... Buzz vs HM.. both omni's but the core of the attraction and what you experience from them is different, they share technology, not experiences. Spidey/Transformers.. both essentially the same type of ride experience AND same technology. It's like ST vs ST2.0... but you left ST one block over.

Isn't Shrek 4D like directly right across from Dispicable me? Same ride, basically... And they're right around the corner from Terminator... Which is right down the street from The Simposons? Just saying...

I haven't heard anyone complain about that. The same tricks, effects, show elements...

lazyboy97o

Isn't Shrek 4D like directly right across from Dispicable me? Same ride, basically... And they're right around the corner from Terminator... Which is right down the street from The Simposons? Just saying...

I haven't heard anyone complain about that. The same tricks, effects, show elements...
People do complain...

flynnibus

Premium Member

The only one in there that are really close is shrek vs Dispicable Me.. the rest the only real connection is 'film'

Also differentiating the discussions.. Dispicable Me and Shrek were both a retheme of an existing ride.. Transformers is a ground up addition being added.

misterID

Then this is the first I'm hearing complaints. ;)

No, it's not a different discussion. It doesn't matter if they were refurbs of existing attractions or new. The experience is new. The Studios has a lot of simulators, with an audiance, with effects, same format, etc. So I'm not arguing your point, you're saying what I am.

I really dont think anyone would care if you had two great rides that had similar tech. Like the simulators in UNI studios. I think it's pretty nitpicky myslef, seeing I've read people on this site complain about having Carsland and TT at the same resort (which is a lame complaint, imo) or don't want an INDY ride in any park at WDW because of Dinosaur. It's the same here, as these are signature ride tech/systems to those specific parks(UNI and WDW) so you're going to see more of the same, not less.

I think Transformers and Spiderman are different experiences and I wouldn't mind Seeing an Avengers attraction even being that close. At all. But it's never going to happen, so...

JT3000

There's no real difference from a rider's perspective. The only differences between the two rides are slight mechanical variations, the elevators on Transformers (which you aren't supposed to notice) and the type of animation on the screens. They're the exact same ride system otherwise. A very particular ride system. It's not like a ride that relies solely on practical sets, which can make for a very different experience. There are sets, but you're staring at screens most of the time. People will definitely notice the similarity. Having them in the same park, in the same land even, would be much worse.

Shrek and Terminator aren't rides, but regardless, I've seen people complain about the amount of 3-D in the park (myself included.) People at Uni have even taken to calling Production Central "Glasses Alley" for that very reason. They're probably more likely to remove Shrek because of it.

djlaosc

They're probably more likely to remove Shrek because of it.

I really wish that instead of removing Shrek, that they would move it into Kidzone when they redo the area (if they use the land behind Men in Black/Curious George, they could put it right at the back in one of the corners and then it would be far away from Despicable Me/Terminator/The Simpsons) - it's not a bad attraction, but it's not a major one, or one that we would go to every trip (we have the film on DVD), but it would still be nice to have it in Kidzone (it would probably be one of the top attractions in Kidzone if it was located there)

misterID

There's no real difference from a rider's perspective. The only differences between the two rides are slight mechanical variations, the elevators on Transformers (which you aren't supposed to notice) and the type of animation on the screens. They're the exact same ride system otherwise. A very particular ride system. It's not like a ride that relies solely on practical sets, which can make for a very different experience. There are sets, but you're staring at screens most of the time. People will definitely notice the similarity. Having them in the same park, in the same land even, would be much worse.

Shrek and Terminator aren't rides, but regardless, I've seen people complain about the amount of 3-D in the park (myself included.) People at Uni have even taken to calling Production Central "Glasses Alley" for that very reason. They're probably more likely to remove Shrek because of it.

Again, it's nitpicky. I still don't think average tourists or visitors would care about a similar ride system if it were a great ride. Depending on story and execution, even if it were identical ride systems, it would still be a different experience. Which is what I'm saying and is all that matters, imo.

Maybe I should have said attractions, as it seems to be a bigger distinction than ride. And it's nice to hear they're reducing the 3D attractions, or whatever they're called. I was responding to post(s) acting like similar attractions being close to each other have never happened before (ignoring the amount of Roller coasters in any given park), when similar attractions were close to each other at Universal, right now. I wasn't supporting 3D... whatever you call them. As I said, it won't happen anyway, it was just a simple opinion.

AswaySuller

I don't think you get what I'm saying...

I don't think the attractions you mentioned are that similar at all...
They all contain large film elements... Well it's a movie based theme park... Film is their bread and butter!

Two are simulators but have completely different ride systems and the other two are 3D shows that has a section with moving seats but completely different themes. Terminator's USP or main trick IMO isn't the moving seats it's the actors...

I wasn't concerned about it being the same ride system as spidey in fact that prospect excited me a little... But to me it isn't just the same system.. it's virtually the same ride...

The scene with the truck driving towards you.. It's here but it's a brick wall not a truck
The scene where a fireball is shot at you... It's in here, yet they use a red and orange light not actual fire.
The falling scene at the end where you are saved last minute... Its here too, yet you don't feel the "oh crap we're falling" like I do in spidey and *spoiler alert* you're not saved by a web it's by bumblebee rolling in at the last second catching you.

It's those similarities that make the rides too similar to put them in the same park IMO

cheezbat

I don't think you get what I'm saying...

I don't think the attractions you mentioned are that similar at all...
They all contain large film elements... Well it's a movie based theme park... Film is their bread and butter!

Two are simulators but have completely different ride systems and the other two are 3D shows that has a section with moving seats but completely different themes. Terminator's USP or main trick IMO isn't the moving seats it's the actors...

I wasn't concerned about it being the same ride system as spidey in fact that prospect excited me a little... But to me it isn't just the same system.. it's virtually the same ride...

The scene with the truck driving towards you.. It's here but it's a brick wall not a truck
The scene where a fireball is shot at you... It's in here, yet they use a red and orange light not actual fire.
The falling scene at the end where you are saved last minute... Its here too, yet you don't feel the "oh crap we're falling" like I do in spidey and *spoiler alert* you're not saved by a web it's by bumblebee rolling in at the last second catching you.

It's those similarities that make the rides too similar to put them in the same park IMO

I agree with you...but I don't think most people will care. What I was really hoping for with Transformers was actual robots! Not just 3-D screens. When I rode it in Hollywood I enjoyed it, but my friends and I all got off saying, "it's Transformers...where are the robots???"

HTF

Just throwing this out there for conversation sake in regards to future media attractions. I assure you there out of the box.

Hogwarts Express: Utilizing a close quarters multimedia experience with no glasses. The most high tech and innovative tech used in a media based attraction to date. The amazing part of this is the proximity of the screens used and the guests location. It will lifelike to the point you think your actually looking outside and not at a monitor.

Gringotts: A hybrid dark ride and rollercoaster utilizing 3d media portals(yes you will wear glasses), live action effects, massive sets, and a ride system so high tech it's going to make the Forbidden Journey look like a standard Omnimover. This single attraction is requiring a new level of collaboration among numerous vendors and manufacturers. This will be the crown jewel of creative to date.

Turtle

Just throwing this out there for conversation sake in regards to future media attractions. I assure you there out of the box.

Hogwarts Express: Utilizing a close quarters multimedia experience with no glasses. The most high tech and innovative tech used in a media based attraction to date. The amazing part of this is the proximity of the screens used and the guests location. It will lifelike to the point you think your actually looking outside and not at a monitor.

Gringotts: A hybrid dark ride and rollercoaster utilizing 3d media portals(yes you will wear glasses), live action effects, massive sets, and a ride system so high tech it's going to make the Forbidden Journey look like a standard Omnimover. This single attraction is requiring a new level of collaboration among numerous vendors and manufacturers. This will be the crown jewel of creative to date.
How will Gringotts 3D glasses be themed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom