Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Merlin0402

Original Poster
Universal has filed permits to demolish Soundstage 44, the former home of the Murder, She Wrote and Hercules/Xena Theaters. Construction walls are already up and all of the Back To The Future props have been removed from the area. All of this has happened very quickly and is stirring up a lot of speculation as to what could go into this area as the permit specifies that Universal Creative is handling this job and not the usual demo contractors. Could this be the beginnings of Transformers in Orlando?

http://parkrumors.com/demolition-of-bldg44/
http://parkscope.blogspot.com/2012/06/uor-permit-update-61512-soundstage-44.html

maxairmike

I mentioned it in the NYT thread in News and Rumors, but it got buried so I'll mention it here again.

My roommate (while I had just finished reading about the permits, oddly enough) opened my door and proceeded to mention that a friend of his in Special Projects said that Transformers would be coming to Orlando in about 13 months. We talked about the permits, he mentioned the props had been moved, and I expressed my uncertainty. However, something does seem odd about the whole situation...

Timekeeper

It's nowhere near big enough, unless we are getting a heavily abbreviated version.

Below, although not shaded, you can see part of SS 44, and SpiderMan at the same scale for comparison.

uo_attraction_soundstages.jpg

This image was created among speculation that Transformers might take the place of Twister (also too small, unless there were to be significant expansion toward the library).

As we all know, Transformers is basically a clone of SpiderMan. The only thing that SS 44 could hold is the queue, and maybe a part of the maintenance bay.

And, if Transformers were to open at USF, it would need a significant queue to accommodate the huge crowds that it would undoubtedly generate. I would hate to see an abbreviated version of the attraction, or a queue winding through New York ala HHN queues.

I wonder why they wouldn't wait to do this until after HHN. Without Amity, and now SS 44, a USF-based HHN is already looking like it's going to be one of the less elaborate years for the event. Sigh.

Captain Chaos

Timekeeper, not true.... Transformers is 2 floors remember, not spread out over one floor... Someone did an overlay of the Transformers building in USH and placed it on SS44... it fits fine...

GLaDOS

It's nowhere near big enough, unless we are getting a heavily abbreviated version.

Below, although not shaded, you can see part of SS 44, and SpiderMan at the same scale for comparison.

You shouldn't be looking at Spider-man's building. Transformers has a significantly smaller area since the ride is more vertical than horizontal. The TF building could fit on that plot.

Timekeeper

You shouldn't be looking at Spider-man's building. Transformers has a significantly smaller area since the ride is more vertical than horizontal. The TF building could fit on that plot.

Okay, so let's look at the Transformers soundstages.

Here's a comparison; same scale of view:

SS44_vs_Transformers.jpg

:rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

I think you are showing two buildings at Universal Studios Hollywood. I believe only the lower portion of the highlighted area is Transformers: The Ride 3D. If you look at Universal Studios Singapore, the showbuilding is quite small.

GLaDOS

I think you are showing two buildings at Universal Studios Hollywood. I believe only the lower portion of the highlighted area is Transformers: The Ride 3D. If you look at Universal Studios Singapore, the showbuilding is quite small.

Yup. Exactly.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom