universal annual pass...

DManRightHere

Original Poster
We're considering an annual pass for 2016. 1 power pass (as we will not go in the summer or blackout dates) and 1 preferred pass (so we get free parking).

We're planning on at least 4 trips, 3 park days each trip.

Is this a sound plan, or am I missing something?

Also, is the pass good from the calendar year purchased, or 365 days from purchase date?

Thanks everyone!

BrianV

We're considering an annual pass for 2016. 1 power pass (as we will not go in the summer or blackout dates) and 1 preferred pass (so we get free parking).

We're planning on at least 4 trips, 3 park days each trip.

Is this a sound plan, or am I missing something?

Also, is the pass good from the calendar year purchased, or 365 days from purchase date?

Thanks everyone!

Powerpass has some black out days over Christmas and New Years, and also in April I think. If you are staying on site, parking isn't included at the hotels with a pass. It is only good for day guests. We opted for power passes for that reason since we always stay on site. And the food discount can be mimicked using an American Express to pay for meals.

Otherwise you aren't missing anything, except that it is one of the best deals around. Pretty sure the passes are good for 366 days, both the day you activate and the date of expiration, one year later. Certainly not a calendar year.

Working on getting a third trip for our power passes, but if you stay onsite, we found the hotel discount paid for the incremental pass cost after one trip let alone 2 or 3.

DManRightHere

Original Poster
Powerpass has some black out days over Christmas and New Years, and also in April I think. If you are staying on site, parking isn't included at the hotels with a pass. It is only good for day guests. We opted for power passes for that reason since we always stay on site. And the food discount can be mimicked using an American Express to pay for meals.

Otherwise you aren't missing anything, except that it is one of the best deals around. Pretty sure the passes are good for 366 days, both the day you activate and the date of expiration, one year later. Certainly not a calendar year.

Working on getting a third trip for our power passes, but if you stay onsite, we found the hotel discount paid for the incremental pass cost after one trip let alone 2 or 3.

Awesome, thank you!

We plan to just go on less busy weekends away from holidays.

Yes, we used to AMEX deal earlier this year and I hope it is ongoing next year!

We will likely use priceline for hotels, can usually find pretty good accomodations for $65 or less.

Thank you for the input!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom