Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

lazyboy97o

Universal Studios is supposed to be a "studio" and so, like DHS, I like the studio lot feel of the various areas, knowing that in a real studio, they'd only care about certain sightlines.
Faking a non-place just doesn't work most of the time. This is why Universal Studios Florida works better than the Disney-MGM Studios, as the city sets create a strong sense of place. It's also why the later Universal parks are really only a studio in name. Without authenticity chaotic sight lines just become a mess.

And really not at all excited about Optimus Prime. Im sure as an individual figure he will be impressive, but the building just as a stand alone artifact is cluttered enough.

Sue_Vongello

Faking a non-place just doesn't work most of the time. This is why Universal Studios Florida works better than the Disney-MGM Studios, as the city sets create a strong sense of place. It's also why the later Universal parks are really only a studio in name. Without authenticity chaotic sight lines just become a mess.

And really not at all excited about Optimus Prime. Im sure as an individual figure he will be impressive, but the building just as a stand alone artifact is cluttered enough.

Where is he going to be put? On the building?

Disneyhead'71

Where is he going to be put? On the building?
Over the entrance. Rumor has it that Optimus Prime is an actual large scale AA:

fwh9iu.jpg

AsanaDisney

Okay, So there are already 9 pages of this thread going on, and maybe this has already been answered, but hopefully this is a simple question: Is this "train trip" on the Hogwarts Express taking people from IoA to Universal Studios and therefore this other half of HP world is going to be built in the Universal Studios park? The reason I find this disappointing is that when I visited WWoHP we just went to IoA and didn't even buy tickets for US.
A quote from the article I read says: "There are many logistical issues Universal has had to plan for before the opening of the expansion. The theme park is still working out the details regarding how guests will board the Hogwarts Express train and travel between two separate theme parks. It's not clear whether the train trip will require admission to both parks."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/...ry-potter-theme-park-expansion/#ixzz2TC81wQkV

lazyboy97o

Okay, So there are already 9 pages of this thread going on, and maybe this has already been answered, but hopefully this is a simple question: Is this "train trip" on the Hogwarts Express taking people from IoA to Universal Studios and therefore this other half of HP world is going to be built in the Universal Studios park?
The Wizarding World of harry Potter - Diagon Alley is replacing Amity Island and Jaws: The Ride at Universal Studios Florida.

AsanaDisney

The Wizarding World of harry Potter - Diagon Alley is replacing Amity Island and Jaws: The Ride at Universal Studios Florida.
Thanks, I knew it was replacing Jaws but I think I had it in my head that they were just using the space and were somehow going to "magically" (pardon the pun) make it part of the other park.

Megavolt

Okay, So there are already 9 pages of this thread going on, and maybe this has already been answered, but hopefully this is a simple question: Is this "train trip" on the Hogwarts Express taking people from IoA to Universal Studios and therefore this other half of HP world is going to be built in the Universal Studios park? The reason I find this disappointing is that when I visited WWoHP we just went to IoA and didn't even buy tickets for US.
A quote from the article I read says: "There are many logistical issues Universal has had to plan for before the opening of the expansion. The theme park is still working out the details regarding how guests will board the Hogwarts Express train and travel between two separate theme parks. It's not clear whether the train trip will require admission to both parks."
Read more:http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/...ry-potter-theme-park-expansion/#ixzz2TC81wQkV
The current rumor is that UOR is going to do away with one park tickets when the expansion is over. Thusly, every ticket will be a park hopper and all guests will have access to the Hogwarts Express.

AsanaDisney

The current rumor is that UOR is going to do away with one park tickets when the expansion is over. Thusly, every ticket will be a park hopper and all guests will have access to the Hogwarts Express.

Thanks for the info! I'll finally have no excuse to not go to the Universal Studios park then if there will be park hopper, lol.

captainkidd

That's a brilliant idea.

I'm sure cost will rise, but still, all tickets should be park to park anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom