Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

GLaDOS

Looking at the attendance of both parks, this statement makes no sense. The entire idea of this Potter expansion is to get people into the Studios.

Attendance is only counted by the first park a person visits. Parkhopping visitors do not count towards the year's final attendance count.

Two park ticket sales account for 70-80% of Universal's ticket sales.

Disneyhead'71

It appears that they STILL haven't decided how they are going to handle the Hogwarts Express/Admission Media issue. I have heard everything from eliminating one park passes to making Potter a actual 3rd gate. Some are suggesting that ANYONE would be able to ride, but if you only have a one park pass, after you ride one direction you can either upgrade to a 2 park ticket and enter the 2nd park or re-queue and ride back to the park your ticket is good for.

I do think the simplest would be to eliminate the one park pass. As of now it is not even listed on the signs above the ticket booths.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
With the additions they are making to US I have no problem with the two parks becoming one and paying more for them. The problem is will the average guest get the fact they are getting into two parks? The ticket price will be high compared to the parks in the area.

ThemeParks4Life

Let me guess, either Miceage or Hatetofly sent out this ticket rumor. I only trust Spirit, Lee, Disneyhead, and Robert Niles. But even if one of the people I trust said this I wouldn't believe them.

ThemeParks4Life

Lol TPI?!? The only reason he has any info is because Uni wants him too!

P.S I'd say putting HTF and Miceage in the same sentence is criminal.
Robert was the one who leaked the Gringotts concept art and revealed even more info today. His site has been around since 1999 and was named the best theme park site by Forbes.

Disneyhead'71

Don't like the idea of both parks being treated as one.
The current rumor concerning the 2 parks admission media issue is that Universal will only advertise the 2 parks pass. Only the 2 parks pass will be available on their website. And, as it is now, only the 2 parks pass will be displayed at the ticket booths at the parks. The only place that a one park pass will be available is at the ticket booths at the parks and you would specifically have to ask for it at which point the TM would explain the limitations and try to up-sell you to a 2 parks pass.

BryceM

The current rumor concerning the 2 parks admission media issue is that Universal will only advertise the 2 parks pass. Only the 2 parks pass will be available on their website. And, as it is now, only the 2 parks pass will be displayed at the ticket booths at the parks. The only place that a one park pass will be available is at the ticket booths at the parks and you would specifically have to ask for it at which point the TM would explain the limitations and try to up-sell you to a 2 parks pass.
I think it would drive away a lot of people, though. I can already hear some Dad complaining; " We have to fork over THAT much even though we only want to visit Islands of Adventure?! Stupid Universal, stupid overpriced crap, stupid Florida". Then the kids proceed to look around awkwardly and depressed-like.

HenryMystic

It appears that they STILL haven't decided how they are going to handle the Hogwarts Express/Admission Media issue. I have heard everything from eliminating one park passes to making Potter a actual 3rd gate. Some are suggesting that ANYONE would be able to ride, but if you only have a one park pass, after you ride one direction you can either upgrade to a 2 park ticket and enter the 2nd park or re-queue and ride back to the park your ticket is good for.

I do think the simplest would be to eliminate the one park pass. As of now it is not even listed on the signs above the ticket booths.
3rd gate option was hinted at in the survey. I didn't vote for any of their proposed options. All were limited in some way.

Ginzuishou

They could use the "2 park tickets" as your train ticket to both parks???

If you don't have it, you can't get on the train ;) I dunno.

JordanNite

They will keep the two parks seperate, with seperate prices.

If they were to lump it into one, the price would be huge, and as a cosmetic outlook it would put alot of people off because the costs would appear too high.

Keeping it as two parks provides value for money subconciously to the buyer.

Like Disney ... HS could easily be dumped into Magic Kingdom, but it's kept seperate to appear to give value for moeny. Even though the attractions could easily fit into Magic Kingdom, as they are in other Disney's around the world.

OFTeric

They will keep the two parks seperate, with seperate prices.

If they were to lump it into one, the price would be huge, and as a cosmetic outlook it would put alot of people off because the costs would appear too high.

Keeping it as two parks provides value for money subconciously to the buyer.

Like Disney ... HS could easily be dumped into Magic Kingdom, but it's kept seperate to appear to give value for moeny. Even though the attractions could easily fit into Magic Kingdom, as they are in other Disney's around the world.

Jordan is right. It is about "perceived value" That someone is getting more than they think, even if that is not the case.

It is about perception. While if you combined USF and IOA into one "super park" it would still be smaller than Epcot, but it would have a lot more rides. However the perception still is, it is 1 park. So you can only charge the price for 1 park.

If you keep them as separate parks, with separate entries, and exits, you maintain the perception that they are 2 parks. Meaning you can charge the price, and have the perceived value of 2 theme parks.

Universal/Disney/SeaWorld have all pretty much reached the market cap for a 1 Day 1 Park ticket price at the moment. If they go any higher it could begin to really negatively impact the market here in Orlando. Universal knows this, and their only real way right now to boost 1 Day ticket sales is by basically forcing people into a 1 Day 2 Park option.

The Hogwarts Express is the answer to this revenue management dilemma. (and it is a really cool answer)

That by creating an experience that bridges the 2 parks, you create the need to visit both parks in 1 day if you were to only buy a 1 day ticket.

As others have noted, and as I have written about a lot, that it has already been SOP (standard operating procedure) at the parks to not offer 1 Day 1 Park tickets for a few years. If you walk up to any ticket kiosk at UO, you will be offered a 1 Day 2 Park, or a multi-day ticket right from the start. People still buy 1 Day 1 Park tickets, because they request, and demand them.

The Hogwarts Express is supposed to create the perception in the consumers mind that in order to truly get the best experience, they must visit both parks.

Pretty brilliant strategic plan if you ask me.

71jason

3rd gate option was hinted at in the survey. I didn't vote for any of their proposed options. All were limited in some way.

I remember the Spirit mentioning this. At first I dismissed it as crazy talk, but it might be the most understandable way to get around the ticketing dilema (I think the previous two posters are right, a $130 one-park ticket is going to carry some serious sticker shock). And a way to make an extra boatload of cash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom