Underground City

Goofalicious

Original Poster
I know that there is an underground city in disney world. Now what exactly is this? Is it where the employees work or something? I'm probably wrong about that but I just want to know.

NowInc

Originally posted by Goofalicious
I know that there is an underground city in disney world. Now what exactly is this? Is it where the employees work or something? I'm probably wrong about that but I just want to know.

its how cast members and other service people get from place to place without the crouds of the park getting in the way. The entire park is build on "the 2nd floor" and the "underground" city is actually on floor 1.

tmp

The "Underground city" is called the utilidor and is only located at the Magic Kingdom. You can visit them by going on a behind the scenes tour.

dwldzm9

right on...

Now was right on the money. They are known as the utilidors, and were planned for WDW after walt saw a cowboy walking through tomorrowland because that was the location of the wardrobe dept... or was it the other way around? Either way, they need them to facilitate all of the behind the scenes action - of which there is quite a bit the average visitor never sees.

Goofalicious

Original Poster
Thanks guys, that helps a lot. Somebody asked me what it was today, and I had no answer for them... I sort of let them down I guess because I'm the Disney Fanatic of our school. Thanks again.

JenLUVSmickey

I took the backstage magic tour and we got to go in the underground tunnel. It was pretty cool. You aren't a loud to walk to far into the tunnel cause it is a "secret". We got to see were they get there costumes each morning, where the garbage evaction system is, the central computer room where they control all the animatronics and the room where they control the music around the park and administer all the parades.

I think its a tour everyone should do. Its a little expensive but it is well worth it.

You get to see something all the parks. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom