"unaccustomed as I am to public speaking..."

MarknSue

Original Poster
I was out the office on Thursday, and caught a UK radio station broadcasting from Walt Disney World. The bit I was listening to had the presenter interviewing Goofy and Captain Hook. Now I dont believe her, but Susie assures me that it wasnt the REAL Goofy and Hook:animwink:
Do Disney have the voice actors regularly around DisneyWorld, or would they just have arranged it for the MGM launch last week?
Mark

MrPromey

Originally posted by MarknSue
I was out the office on Thursday, and caught a UK radio station broadcasting from Walt Disney World. The bit I was listening to had the presenter interviewing Goofy and Captain Hook. Now I dont believe her, but Susie assures me that it wasnt the REAL Goofy and Hook:animwink:
Do Disney have the voice actors regularly around DisneyWorld, or would they just have arranged it for the MGM launch last week?
Mark

That’s a good question. I’m guessing they probably just arrange for them to be there for special events like that. They did something similar with Mickey during press day for the millennium celebration but during normal days, you never hear the characters say anything that isn’t prerecorded (like in the shows or parades) so it would seem kind of silly and expensive to have them there all the time…

NowInc

The only time you would hear a "Live" character voice is if it is pre-arranged for a special event. Voice actors get paid a LOT per hour...so to keep them on staff everyday would be way too costly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom