Unable to activate memory maker

jazzzz

Original Poster
This is my first time purchasing memory maker. I bought it yesterday for our trip coming on Thursday. In the MDE app, when I click activate now, it says, "we're having trouble activating your memory maker purchase right now. Try again later." The has been happening for 2 days now. Any thoughts?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You don't need to activate it now and can even wait until your trip is done to activate if you want that's what I did this last time. It should allow you once your trip starts And you take your first picture to activate it if you want to. You can take pictures regardless of it being activated or not. You only need it activated to download and share the pictures etc. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You're very welcome! We always use the Memory Maker every trip now and love it. You'll be fine no worries anyone can take photo pass pictures for free but where the MM comes into play is you get unlimited downloads after the pictures are taken included etc and don't have to pay for each individual picture if you want to download them or share them like a guest without the MM. That's all the MM is needed for is for your actual downloads etc not to take the pictures as any guest at WDW can do so for free, and view them for free. It may still have a watermark on it (some do some don't we have sometimes) until you activate your MM that's the only difference. Hope you have a wonderful trip!! :D

Last edited:

FrostyNaples

Thanks for the help, I figured you needed to activate it to use it.

Activation is for downloading the photo's only. It starts a 30 day window of unlimited downloads of any photo's existing in your photopass account during that next 30 day window, and those friends and family MDE accounts your linked to and properly sharing.

We have managed to get the most out of multiple trips closer together, strategically working expiration dates and MM+ window time frame.

We waited 45 days (when the photo's would begin expiring), activated MM+ downloaded all past photos, and still have 30 days more to do so.

We are able to get 3 trips worth of photo's for free with MM+. End of Feb, Beginning of April, and Beginning of May (upcoming).

The timeline works something like this:

- Pre purchase MM+
- Visit WDW Feb 26th thru March 2nd
- Visit WDW April 1st thru 3rd
- Activate MM+ April 10th & Download all photo's going back to Feb
- Visit WDW May 2nd thru 5th
- Continue to download rest of photo's until May 9th on original MM+ purchase

Know how to maximize it :)

PS, we did this last fall, 3 trips, same way, got all the photo's.

Starting in June, we are upgrading AP to Gold, so it won't matter anymore for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom