Uggs... In Florida? Ugh!

StarWarsGirl

Lol not if they fit.

Have you ever been on a college campus? >50% sweatpants. I love the pretentious attitude of the posters around here defining what is and is not "acceptable."
And not every college campus is full of people in sweatpants. As I look around this classroom, waiting for this class to start, only one person out of 20 is wearing sweats. We are actively discouraged from wearing them because we get a lot of visitors who are business professionals, and it looks extremely unprofessional.

I have a PE class and wear sweats for it, but always change as soon as I get back to school.

StarWarsGirl

The whole thread was tongue-in-cheek humor pointing out that I thought it was funny that in Florida people had shirts with boots on. ;)
We went in August about five years ago with another family. Their oldest daughter, who was 20 at the time, was dressed in shorts and a pair of ankle boots. My dad asked her who wears boots in Florida. Her response: "Doesn't matter as long as I look cute.":rolleyes:

ratherbeinwdw

When I was in high school, girls had to wear dresses or skirts and blouses. No jeans/slacks/shorts were allowed. My senior year, we were finally allowed to wear dress pants as long as we had a mid-thigh length tunic or pant suits. The next year, things starting changing. By the time my siblings got to high school, they could even wear shorts. The change came quickly.
When I was a freshman, the Dean of Girls would come around and measure our skirts/dresses to make sure they were no more than 2 inches above our knees. If they were, we were sent home to change and got a zero in any work we missed. By the time I was a senior, we were wearing mini skirts. I guess the mini skirts were what made them allow us to wear pant suits during my senior year.
In college, we wore mini skirts or midi skirts. We weren't too much into jeans yet. Even the female professors wore mini skirts. We would never have gone to class in sweats.
My daughter is in college right now. She wears jeans/shorts or dresses/skirts. She would never go to school in sweats or yoga pants. As a matter of fact, neither of us even owns a pair of sweatpants. She does have a couple pairs of yoga pants for exercising.
However, I would much rather see people in sweats over yoga pants or leggings. I see some people with leggings that look more like panty hose. It's really not a pretty sight.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Agreed. Leggings are bad and these are even worse.

Yes, these are leggings with a cat, flying on a piece of bacon, across the galaxy.

I saw these in-person on a woman at the mall. I needed therapy after.

I had to know who sold these so I found a pic I and sent it to my sister to tell her I found her the perfect Chistmas gift. The pic is still floating in my photostream.

image.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Agreed. Leggings are bad and these are even worse.

Yes, these are leggings with a cat flying on a piece of bacon across the galaxy. I saw these in-person on a woman at the mall. I needed therapy after.

I had to know who sold these so I found a pic I and sent it to my sister to tell her I found her the perfect Chistmas gift. The pic is still floating in my photostream.

View attachment 83489
If I find out that you broke into my closet ever again, I'm calling the police.

HouCuseChickie

Now, I must admit...I love my Uggs as well as my Manitoba Mukluks...and I have worn them to WDW before. BUT- I did not wear them with shorts, and it was at least 30-40 degree temps at WDW when I wore them.

As for being weak with the cold...I used to deal with real winter...sub-zero temps every day, absurd wind chill factors, constant lake effect snow warnings, white outs, body freeze warnings, blizzards, etc. ... and then I moved south. I have my days when I miss snow...the pretty kind...like what you get in November or early December, but that's it. I now get cold in 40-50 degree temps and can't fathom how I ever lived in such frigid conditions.

So, if it's weak...I'll take it because it's currently 70 degrees outside at my house :D

The other major payoff, my body is now accustomed to blazing hot humid summers, so August at WDW is pretty comfortable!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Welp. I wear leggings/yoga pants to the park all the time. Usually (almost always) black, and much more slimming/comfortable than jeans. But leggins/yoga pants are my go-to after work. Unless I go straight to pajamas and a t-shirt with holes in it. I kid not, I have this t-shirt from high school I refuse to get rid of that I counted 58 holes on.
Yes but you wear tops long enough to cover the lady parts that tight yoga pants expose ;)

CMiller1031

@ItIngrlBella Great thread, I could not agree more! The worst look....uggs with sweats. I see that too often around her (also an area used to below zero temps and this yar lots of snow!)....uggs at work in a pofessional environment depresses me.

I will grant that dressing well is easier for guys (unless you make me wear a tie, I hate ties) than woman, but leave out the yoga pants! :)

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
^^^ @CMiller1031 - Thank you! It's nice to get an "amen" from the girls but nicer to get it from one of the guys to boot! (no pun intended)

So, speaking of boots, I saw this meme this morning and it made me smile. I'm NOT hating on riding boots - I love mine and wear them all fall/winter... and I also love Star Wars so...

This was just too funny not to share:

image.jpg

CMiller1031

@ItlngrlBella I spelled your name correctly I think now. :)

I have no issue with boots like that, but uggs...ugh. I am always a commentator on fashio...as a guy I know it is odd, but hey my wife finds it hysterical.

BTW that was my facebook coverphoto this fall! :)

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Too funny! My husband wanted to get me Uggs for Christmas and I'm so glad I found out ahead of time - and I was able to stop it. He said, "I thought all women want those things?"

Me: "Not this woman!"

For the cost of 1 pair we could go for a short weekend resort not too far away. Money better spent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom