Uggs... In Florida? Ugh!

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
A friend of mine recently visited WDW and I noticed several girls in the background (in different pics), wearing Uggs... IN FLORIDA.

It was in the mid-70's, so it wasn't cold.

I live in a place that will experience -30 windchill tonight and I still won't wear them.

My Rant:

1. Uggs make us girls look like we have cankles.

2. They are the sweatpants of footwear.

3. You're in FLORIDA.

4. Please kill this trend already.

Disclaimer: I apologize for offending any Ugg-loving ladies out there. Just a little *humor* and my .02 cents.

That is all. Carry on.

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Uggs are just Crocs for that much dreaded Sub-72° Wintery Mix. You know, a brisk wind with passing shade. Brrrrrr, it can get quite uncomfortable.

Ok: exceptions. If you're pregant and its winter, super sub-zero.

Not ok: Florida with shorts.

I'm headed out tonight in an expected -30 windchill. Wearing boots but bringing a pair of heels with when I get to where I'm going.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
hmmm...I teach dance for a living and wear sweatpants a good 3-5 days of the week as do my kiddos.

Yoga pants seem more comfy for me, sweats seem to bulky to me.

I guess it comes down to what everyone is comfortable in and if it gets the job done then, ok. Whatever tickles your pickle. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Lol! Sweatpants are fine on guys.
For me, I. Just. Can't.

Sweat vs yoga pants:

Yoga pants for the win.
ALWAYS choose the yoga pants.

Sweats are the mom-jeans of workout wear.

Pleeeaaassseee wear the yoga pants AT YOGA. They are not proper attire for a theme park. Some are downright obscene for a family park. And they are not figure flattering for the majority of wearers. My ballpark estimate is 1/3 of the women in the parks at the beginning of this month were in yoga pants.

I'll take the Uggs over them anytime. And I HATE Uggs.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Pleeeaaassseee wear the yoga pants AT YOGA. They are not proper attire for a theme park. Some are downright obscene for a family park. And they are not figure flattering for the majority of wearers. My ballpark estimate is 1/3 of the women in the parks at the beginning of this month were in yoga pants.

I'll take the Uggs over them anytime. And I HATE Uggs.

Agreed! I would NEVER wear yoga pants to a theme park... And yes, many get a size too tight and it's scary. Wear to workout/yoga... yes. Theme park... heck no! ..and the ones with words across the butt are even worse. No words on the tushies ladies!!!

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Have you ever been on a college campus? >50% sweatpants. I love the pretentious attitude of the posters around here defining what is and is not "acceptable."

o_O
Nope never been on a college campus. Not like I formed that opinion specifically because I'm 20 and in college and formed that opinion based on those around me.

sarcasm-the-big-bang-theory-8135257-500-281.jpg

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Lol not if they fit.

I love the pretentious attitude of the posters around here defining what is and is not "acceptable."

Yes, worked at a college in Admissions and I had parents asking me constantly about it (that they saw it at our school and others) and the way they asked about it wasn't in a good way. :(

The whole thread was tongue-in-cheek humor pointing out that I thought it was funny that in Florida people had shorts with boots on. ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom