UCF Fiesta Bowl Champions Parade to be held at MK, 1/12

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
At the Championship Celebration tonight, Coach O'Leary stated this would be a "walking parade," which answers another question I had (would the players be on floats, in cars or walking?). Also said they'd be enjoying the day at the parks.

saxamoophone

Just got back from MK. Had a great time with a few thousand UCF fans. A weird mix, one third marathon runners, one third UCF and one third regular guests in the park!

Pretty cool little parade.

Black and Gold balloons on main street.

UCF Fiesta Bowl Banner to start parade.
UCF Band.
Old School Convertible with UCF President John Hitt, Head Coach O'leary, AD, and the Mouse himself.
Goofy and gang dressed in their sports outfits.
Cheerleaders.
Dancers.
The Team of course.
And Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother.

Cool event! Go Knights!

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
Yeah, it was definitely a fun event (I was really impressed with Disney's presentation) and the turnout was great. I've seen quite a number of people on UCF forums and Social Media hating on this parade since it was announced, predicting a poor showing from fans due to the cost. They of course neglected to factor in the likely large number of students who work for the mouse and alumni (like me) living in the area that have passes.

It gave me goosebumps hearing spontaneous "Black/Gold" cheers throughout the park, and to see the Marching Knights coming down Main Street playing our fight song.

It was so awesome to run into these guys in the park throughout the afternoon. They seemed genuinely appreciative for this opportunity, and happily took pictures and signed autographs for anyone that asked (UCF fans and normal guests alike). I know many of the players said they'd never been to WDW before, so I'm still bowled over Disney chose to give the Super Bowl MVP treatment to the hometown school.

Noticed Blake Bortles and Storm Johnson weren't there, guess they were busy getting ready fo the NFL Draft. Also conspicuously missing was Knightro; I wonder if Disney didn't want another costumed character running around.

Hobnail Boot

No thank you, we Georgians don't want them.

Too bad Bortles wasn't there. I would have like to seen pictures of a certain someone close to him...

TalkingHead

Their the best team. The "other" team is from Tallahassee which is basically Georgia.

Can't agree with that. But it's cool. Second in Florida is better than first in some other states.

Although it just so happens that first in Florida this year was also first in the nation. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom