Typhoon Lagoon ?'s

ml123_9

Hello all, we are going to TL for a day and I have a couple questions. First off, the lockers. How much are they and are they multi use or do you have to pay each time you open it? Secondly, I keep reading where everyone says to wear flip flops or watershoes while walking around. What do you do with your flip flops while you are going on the slides? Do you just toss them under a tree or can you take them on the rafts or slides with you? Thanks in advance.

belledream

Lockers are multi use - $13/day for a small, and $15/day for a large. As for shoes, you can just hold on to the on the slides, or if we're running around in the same area for a while, we just left them at a chair with our towels.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

Original Poster
Lockers are multi use - $13/day for a small, and $15/day for a large. As for shoes, you can just hold on to the on the slides, or if we're running around in the same area for a while, we just left them at a chair with our towels.

That brings up another question, do they provide towels or should we bring our own so they will standout a little?

Upvote 0

kasey1988

You also get a $5 refund when you return your locker key or a mug (we chose the typhoon lagoon mug)..
Highly reccomend water shoes, the ground gets pretty hot!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

Original Poster
You also get a $5 refund when you return your locker key or a mug (we chose the typhoon lagoon mug)..
Highly reccomend water shoes, the ground gets pretty hot!

I've never heard about the refund, that's awesome. We will be getting some cheap flip flops and I'm thinking we may tie a ribbon or something small like that around them in case we need to toss them to the side or something.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We just visited in May and it was $5 back or a Typhoon Lagoon backpack. We choose the backpack.
We found the locker unnecessary, we left our shoes & towels on chairs and no one touched them. We really got the locker for our phones, which we could have left in the safe of our room really.
We might swing the $$$ for a chair rental in Getaway Glen this October and try the Beach Shack rental next year.

Upvote 0

fugawe09

I always wear water shoes right onto the attractions and have never been asked to remove them. The sidewalks there can be real foot scorchers and I'm never quite sure whether the wet floors in the bathrooms are pool water or otherwise, so my inner germophob doesn't like to go barefoot. You rent the lockers at the counter and get a physical key to carry (access as often as you like). Great for storing phones/wallets, but put them in a Ziplock because the lockers are not 100% waterproof. When you turn the key in, they hand you your choice of $5 cash or a backpack. They don't hand out mugs anymore.

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

image.jpg
Here's one for you: can my son get away with wearing the waterproof sandal or does he have to wear a water shoe like the black one at the top of the photo?
I'm trying to avoid having him wear flip flops because he will just forget them somewhere or not be able to hold them when going down the slides.
Thanks for any advice!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

Make sure that you put sunscreen on your feet, unless they are very tan before you arrive, nothing worse than sunburned feet.
I would recommend that you arrive prior to rope drop, so that you can get chairs in the shade and the lines are the shortest then. We have always brought our own towels (we drive so that we have had the space), and never used a locker. I've not taken anything of value except for a small amount of cash (less than $20) and my van keys, so nothing to worry about haven lost. We do put the "cash" in the cooler (cool cash?) in a zip-lock trying to avoid temptation. I agree that you need some type of water shoe as the concrete gets very hot, I just held them when they required they be removed.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I've never heard about the refund, that's awesome. We will be getting some cheap flip flops and I'm thinking we may tie a ribbon or something small like that around them in case we need to toss them to the side or something.

Yup, as long as you return the key you get $5 (or the mug) back.

As for the shoes, personally I don't wear them but many Guests do. The water shoes are easy because you can leave them on the whole time that you're in the park. If not, flip flops can either be held when you're on the rides or tossed in a nearby area if you're in the same section of the park for a while.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I always wear water shoes right onto the attractions and have never been asked to remove them. The sidewalks there can be real foot scorchers and I'm never quite sure whether the wet floors in the bathrooms are pool water or otherwise, so my inner germophob doesn't like to go barefoot. You rent the lockers at the counter and get a physical key to carry (access as often as you like). Great for storing phones/wallets, but put them in a Ziplock because the lockers are not 100% waterproof. When you turn the key in, they hand you your choice of $5 cash or a backpack. They don't hand out mugs anymore.

I was asked to remove my water shoes every time. I was told to hold one each in my hand with my arms crossed over my chest while going down a slide.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom