Typhoon Lagoon reopens after annual refurbishment

BrerJon

I wonder how safe Shark Reef is? Seems strange for Disney to announce it closing then reopen it as if nothing happened.

Maybe a bean counter got a bit trigger happy and decided to close it, but then saner heads prevailed and overrode the decision? Here's hoping anyway, it's one of the best things to do in WDW.

Next Big Thing

I wonder how safe Shark Reef is? Seems strange for Disney to announce it closing then reopen it as if nothing happened.

Maybe a bean counter got a bit trigger happy and decided to close it, but then saner heads prevailed and overrode the decision? Here's hoping anyway, it's one of the best things to do in WDW.
Disney never officially said anything regarding Shark Reef.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disney did not make any announcement or comment about Shark Reef.

Club34

this is probably in my top 5 disney parks. perhaps finally i will dive with the fishes since you never know when it will be taken away.

MickeyPeace

All of the refurb looks good. Especially the new menu options at Leaning Palms. The food was pretty bad at both water parks (and identical). Also happy that Shark Reef is still there. Sunglasses are ok too since some people just might want to lay on a towel in the sun and get a tan, with sunglasses on.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Jan 6. A few pictures of the new or updated entrance to Typhoon Lagoon to accommodate the reworked Buena Vista Drive. This is only the first layer of asphalt. Another layer of asphalt will be put down to bring the final surface to the curb level (which is one reason you see the orange barrels here).

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

4disneylovers

Sorry to bump this again, but we are headed down soon and really would like to know if we will be able to do the surface SCUBA. Does anyone know if this is still open???? It is different than the free shark reef side. We paid for this experience and it was awesome!

jessfriends

Sorry to bump this again, but we are headed down soon and really would like to know if we will be able to do the surface SCUBA. Does anyone know if this is still open???? It is different than the free shark reef side. We paid for this experience and it was awesome!

I was at Typhoon Lagoon on May 12 or 13 and I saw signs that this was available to do but I did not do it. I did do the free option and saw a few people off to side doing the surface scuba. Looks like it would be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom