Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

clemmo

Wow show scenes for this that's awesome! Finally some good news. So happy that UNI decided to build a new water park and force Disney to do something with theirs. I'm hoping it'll kind of be like what they have at schlitterbahn in new braunfels Texas. I'm a little worried about that construction timeline especially with this slide seemingly having much more theming than most of the other stuff they have. Either way sounds like the year of the water park in Orlando!

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I'm sure will only take few months when it comes to water rides they don't tend to worry about safety too much. :hilarious:

Man-Cliff.jpg

Woah! Just curious: where was this picture taken, and I hope this guy didn't fly off the slide!!

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
it was in Austin. It was a slide at private residence and he did go over edge and down rocky hill. broke arm and some ribs but is fine now.

Oh my!! Cool that someone has a private slide, but not cool that the guy broke some bones-ouch!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Its because he pushed off the side when youre not supposed to really uncross your arms. That extra shove is what caused his momentum to go even faster.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Sounds like it's just what this park needs.

Regarding length, did I read correctly on the blog that you will actually be in the raft on the way up as well ("Onboard treasure rafts, guests will ascend to the top of the attraction")? That'd be great (no stairs) but also would mean the time in ride is a little deceiving.

I'm also guessing that the show scenes, to the extent they exist will be on the way up and at the end. Crush n Gusher has show elements (arguably) in the queue. I doubt this'll be much more elaborate than that (hope I'm wrong, though).

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Mary Oceaneer...Harrison Hightower...Henry Mystic...Barnabas Bullion...

Maybe it's just me, but most of the names of SEA members just feel a little too on the nose. What's next, revealing that the Society was actually founded by George Explorer and Sarah Adventurer?
Imagineering just really has a bad habit of giving characters expository or punny names. Just look at Constance Hatchaway, Dr. Grant Seeker, Albert Awol. It even extends to their Marvel comics what with how Dreamfinder's prodigy great-grandniece is given the name Capricious Harmony

Donald Razorduck

Could we see something like this attraction at Aquatica in Texas? After the main slide segment, it slows down to a float past the Stingray pool.

That water park is a kick butt water coaster and slide complex from being really solid. The lazy RI er aviary and the sting ray area is quite nice

djkidkaz

Am I reading this right or will this ride actually have show scenes of some kind?

I would expect something similar to what we already see at the other water rides. As I make my way down the lazy river at typhoon I see boats and other props scattered around for theming. Same thing will probably be done with her "treasures".

No Name

Well this is really sounding great! Two minutes is certainly good. Most of that time will be spent on the ascent, so that will have to involve scenery of some sort, but scenery is something every slide has. What I've hoped here all along is some sort of story, with scenes that tell that story. And since this ride has a character and a more elaborate premise than most rides, as well as a longer ride time, I'm really thinking we may get something cool here. An animatronic Mary Oceaneer? One can only hope. But this sounds like it'll certainly be more than the average waterslide.

...which is wonderful. And hopefully it'll raise the bar for the waterpark industry in general.

Furiated

So apparently on Twitter it's being said that the Shark Reef is being closed to make way for the new ride. Is there any truth to this? I hope not, love the Shark Reef. And from the map on the first page it looks like the new slide won't run into that area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom