Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

Bocabear

I have to ask the question... Typhoon Lagoon has the Crush and Gusher, and now getting Miss Fortune Falls... Are they planning on trying to bring Blizzard Beach up to a similar level?
Blizzard Beach doesn't seem to have nearly the amount of attractions...I would think they would want to balance them and keep both parks relevant...

Marlins1

I agree. Teamboat Springs is great and the ski lift is a cool feature but the rest of the rides at Blizzard are pretty basic and average. Needs something new on the level of Crush n Gusher. Miss Fortune sounds like a perfect add for TL.

doctornick

I have to ask the question... Typhoon Lagoon has the Crush and Gusher, and now getting Miss Fortune Falls... Are they planning on trying to bring Blizzard Beach up to a similar level?

Miss Fortune Falls should be similar to Teamboat Springs (at BB). It was always the much better family raft ride compared to Gang Plank Falls. I don't disagree that BB could use something on the level of Crush N Gusher though.

Speaking of which, are they keeping Gang Plank Falls once Miss Fortune Falls opens? Seems like it would be superfluous.

Kman101

Was there any particular reason why Typhoon was chosen to receive a new attraction over Blizzard Beach? Just curious if there was a reason or not and if it was even one over the other. And of course for all we know they have plans for BB too.

BoardwalkGlenn

Looks like we have a name change to "Miss Adventure Falls"
maf092358.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/spring-has-sprung-early-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
And early spring at Walt Disney World Resort this year also means shedding your winter jackets and heading to the water parks and riding a brand new attraction at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon called Miss Adventure Falls. The new family-style raft attraction – set to open in March – will be one of the longest Disney water park experiences as it immerses you in the story of treasure-hunting heroine Captain Mary Oceaneer. During each white-water adventure, you’ll be able to spot some of the treasures Captain Oceaneer gathered from around the world.

Mike S

maf092358.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/spring-has-sprung-early-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
And early spring at Walt Disney World Resort this year also means shedding your winter jackets and heading to the water parks and riding a brand new attraction at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon called Miss Adventure Falls. The new family-style raft attraction – set to open in March – will be one of the longest Disney water park experiences as it immerses you in the story of treasure-hunting heroine Captain Mary Oceaneer. During each white-water adventure, you’ll be able to spot some of the treasures Captain Oceaneer gathered from around the world.
Miss Fortune worked much better as a pun...

DinoInstitute

maf092358.jpg

That's too bad, I thought the other name was very fun. Plus it was really original; the word "adventure" in theme park attractions is almost reaching a point of tackiness as it's just the most obvious thing you can name it no matter what the experience is. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom