Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

azox

Just seems like strange prioritization. If someone said "what part of WDW would benefit the most from a new attraction," I don't think Typhoon Lagoon would be too high on most people's priority list.

I can understand what you are saying, however I would think adding a waterslide attraction to a park is not as costly as adding a new attraction to the theme parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
upload_2016-9-8_13-39-45.png

clemmo

Anybody else feel like there's kind of a lack of info on this project? I can't even remember do they normally give out concept art for water park attractions?

No Name

Still very excited for this slide. I'm hoping it raises the bar for waterslides, and thinking it may. But even if it doesn't, this big waterpark enthusiast will be glad to see something new.

I hope this is a legit raft ride like Popeye and Bluto's. I know you never see those types of rides in a water park but that's really where they belong.

I agree.

I like a refreshing splash of water on a hot day at a theme park. Splash Mountain serves that purpose well. Casey Jr.'s Circus Train, the splash fountain at Downtown Disney (which I think may be gone), and other things I fail to recall can too.

But those raft rides often soak you head to toe. At that point, it's not refreshing, it's dowsing. My clothes start to get all heavy, my socks start to smell musty, and water swishes around in my shoes for the next many hours. Some people will put on flip flops and a poncho to avoid those problems. Or what I do is ride right before I'm about to leave. But if people are going out of their way to avoid getting wet, does that not destroy a huge point of the ride?

Oh, and those who go get drenched will often proceed to get the seats of regular rides wet, which is annoying.

So I agree that these should be in the waterparks. That way, nobody has to worry about getting wet, because the ride is in a place where you are meant to get wet. Good thought.

Last edited:

Skyway

The artwork makes it appear people are riding UP the conveyor belt.

Has that ever been done at a water park before?

And is it safe? These don't appear to be boats like Kali, with hard-backed seats. What would prevent someone from slipping out of the wet vinyl tube and sliding down the conveyor belt, possibly crashing into other people coming up?

Pam Hates Penguins

If it were me, I wouldn't even be spending my time at water parks at Disney because you got them all around where you live.

That's just me. I hope they never open any Disneyland water parks because that's my home.

cheezbat

The artwork makes it appear people are riding UP the conveyor belt.

Has that ever been done at a water park before?

And is it safe? These don't appear to be boats like Kali, with hard-backed seats. What would prevent someone from slipping out of the wet vinyl tube and sliding down the conveyor belt, possibly crashing into other people coming up?
Yes. There are now several watersides where the guests ride rafts up the conveyor. Check out Holiday World and Splashin Safari in Indiana. 2 of their best rides use conveyors.

deere839

I'm glad that they have the conveyer belt it gets heavy carrying tubes up those stairs I hope Disney invest more into the water parks into the future or any Orlando park Florida weather even as a local the humidity kills you I've tried to do epcot food and wine festival 4 times now but it's just to hot to enjoy any of the parks that's why they need to invest more into them some people do go to the water parks during the day and enjoy the parks at night when it's cooler there also very cheap investments that gets your money back fast for the parks also I think the reason that Disney decided to do this is because of volcano bay and to get guest from going to typhoon lagoon instead of there

erider

I'm glad that they have the conveyer belt it gets heavy carrying tubes up those stairs I hope Disney invest more into the water parks into the future or any Orlando park Florida weather even as a local the humidity kills you I've tried to do epcot food and wine festival 4 times now but it's just to hot to enjoy any of the parks that's why they need to invest more into them some people do go to the water parks during the day and enjoy the parks at night when it's cooler there also very cheap investments that gets your money back fast for the parks also I think the reason that Disney decided to do this is because of volcano bay and to get guest from going to typhoon lagoon instead of there
Wow, that's a long sentence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom