Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

Disone

First. I apologize for my sarcasm. I tried to stay above that and I did not. Second... look at the blue and green slides. JT, there is not indication anything more is going on there then what is going on there. They are not going to be hidden inside a yet to be build artificial rock work. So someone see's that and says.... oh, its Wet and Wild with a Valcano being build near by. Finally, these are great pics, but I *feel* like, based on my daily drive bys, they are not the most recent. Last I drove by other slides similar to the green and blues seen were were vertical in other sections of the park and the valcano had slide pieces going into it and out of it. Great pics though, Sincere thank you for sharing.

Okay.... I stopped by the contruction site today. JT's pics are more accurate then I thought. Driving by at 70 miles per hour on the freeway looking at the tops of the construction is not the same as looking at it on the ground at eye-level and at a stand still. It is an incorrect statement to say that themeing has begun. They have begun building a volcano shaped building, but upon line of sight views, construction is not as advanced as it looks from the freeway. I can still understand why one might perceive they are building wet and wild style slide structures, but after stopping by today I'm willing to wait before making that judgment.

Progress.City

Is attendence at both water parks high enough to warrant a third water park?

They should build a third water park to compete with Volcano Bay. How about building Lava Bay? Lava Bay was designed for Disneyland Paris but was never built (obviously). It was probably the inspiration for Volcano Bay. It would be the perfect response to Volcano Bay because it is the original that Universal copied from!

Progress.City

They should build a ski resort-themed resort right next to Blizzard Beach and include an ice skating rink (as was originally planned near the MK) and maybe an indoor ski slope (like they have in Dubai). While they are at, maybe connect the Blizzard Beach complex with AK via a ski lift! Now, that'll be cool!!!!!!

cheezbat

Guys don't get your hopes up too high for this new slide. It's not exactly new...just new at Disney.
They're purchasing the Surge family raft slide from Wet N Wild. Disney figured it would help with capacity and be a cheap purchase. Ooh...and the old Bubba Tub slide will go into Blizzard Beach.

(Ok...I'm totally kidding. Why on earth would Disney buy an old waterslide from their competitor?)

sedati

They should build a third water park to compete with Volcano Bay. How about building Lava Bay? Lava Bay was designed for Disneyland Paris but was never built (obviously). It was probably the inspiration for Volcano Bay. It would be the perfect response to Volcano Bay because it is the original that Universal copied from!
I seem to remember a rumor a while back about a Neverland themed water park as the third concept.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Typhoon Lagoon has a lot of expansion space, and it looks like Blizzard Beach also has some room. An argument can be made that a fifth main gate would extend people stay's but I don't think that would be the same case with water parks, so expanding the existing ones would make more sense then building a new one.

BrianV

Typhoon Lagoon has a lot of expansion space, and it looks like Blizzard Beach also has some room. An argument can be made that a fifth main gate would extend people stay's but I don't think that would be the same case with water parks, so expanding the existing ones would make more sense then building a new one.

Agreed. I may be the minority but I would never go to two water parks in one trip.

Progress.City

I'm suggesting it as a solution to capacity, in the case that the two parks are already overcrowded.

mleeeman

^^^ maybe. I feel like this is Disney just offering something new to mitigate damage. VB opens and many might be tempting to go try the new park. But when the ole tried and true standby, is now offering something new.... Lets just stay here and try the new offering. How effective a family raft ride will do that..... that is greatly debatable. I think Disney needed to do something they have not done yet. A torrent river. I think VB is going to have one, the "lazy river" looks more consistence with the high walls and deep water of a torrent river. Which is like a lazy river but has white water waves hurling through it.

No damage mitigation here. I have flipped my plans for next year. Normally we do 5 days in Disney and 2 elsewhere, now it's 5 elsewhere and maybe 2 in Disney. Sorry not sorry.

Jon81uk

I'm suggesting it as a solution to capacity, in the case that the two parks are already overcrowded.

How often do they actually close due to capacity? I think adding more slides will help spread the queues from the existing slides. Particularly at Blizzard Beach where the capacity at things like Summit Plummit is low.

Disneyhead'71

Down boy. I'm not fighting you here. I'm just sharing my observations. Themeing is already occurring to much of the rest the park. But many of the slides looked to be lacking theme even though they are far more complete than the water slides being built around the volcano. I'm very familiar with how a Park is built I don't need you to lecture me on it. Thank you though.
Absolutely ZERO theming has occurred at Volcano Bay yet.

Maybe you should lay off the "dust", you're hallucinating.

Exhibit A

crushngusher.jpg

I can see you, big butt waterslide!

Last edited:

Disone

Okay.... I stopped by the contruction site today. JT's pics are more accurate then I thought. Driving by at 70 miles per hour on the freeway looking at the tops of the construction is not the same as looking at it on the ground at eye-level and at a stand still. It is an incorrect statement to say that themeing has begun. They have begun building a volcano shaped building, but upon line of sight views, construction is not as advanced as it looks from the freeway. I can still understand why one might perceive they are building wet and wild style slide structures, but after stopping by today I'm willing to wait before making that judgment.
Thought i would go ahead and repost my retraction.

matt9112

Thought i would go ahead and repost my retraction.

i am not fond of this fixaction THAT EVERY water slide (or roller coaster) needs to be in a mountain or structure of some kind to serve any purpose. (i think the hulk is done tastefully for example) and i dont think crush and gush ruin much of anything in that park. too bad the unthemed and (quite ugly) wet and wild has better rides....i hope some of that innovation carry's over. disney water parks lack any bowls of any kind and i think both need a good traditional body slide tower.

Disone

i am not fond of this fixaction THAT EVERY water slide (or roller coaster) needs to be in a mountain or structure of some kind to serve any purpose. (i think the hulk is done tastefully for example) and i dont think crush and gush ruin much of anything in that park. too bad the unthemed and (quite ugly) wet and wild has better rides....i hope some of that innovation carry's over. disney water parks lack any bowls of any kind and i think both need a good traditional body slide tower.

I agree about body slides. Typhoon Lagoon does have three but both parks could use more. The traditional body slide is a lot of fun in typically has a higher hourly capacity then slides that require a riding device of some kind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom