Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

hokielutz

I would tend to agree. Both water parks seem to close due to attendance almost daily during the summer.

Not sure about the others, but the Disney parks do not release capacity numbers. Any number you get is at best an educated guess. More often than not it is pulled out of thin air.

One could park themselves near the entrance with a click counter... but Mouse Security might stop by for a visit

ToTBellHop

Looks to me like you will board the raft in the pool at ground level, then go up the long straight part which is is a lift hill... then down and around the flume back to the pool where you get out. Since the only guest accessible area might be the entry/exit pool, they could possibly hide the structure and supports of the ride itself behind some themed rock work and/or foliage. Also, no stairs to climb. Just my interpretation of what we've seen so far, anyway. ;)
I would be surprised if guests ride the lift hill. Could just be a lift for empty rafts like Teamboat Springs has.

Katie G

True, but because the water parks aren't open all day you wouldn't have enough time to do everything you wanted to while being relaxed.

Depends on your touring style and what time of year.

Typically visiting one park I can do a little bit of everything, no rush in about 4-ish hours. And in the summer, the water parks do have slightly extended hours, say from 9-7 so you have 10 hours to experience both water parks if you needed. Its possible for sure.

ToTBellHop

Depends on your touring style and what time of year.

Typically visiting one park I can do a little bit of everything, no rush in about 4-ish hours. And in the summer, the water parks do have slightly extended hours, say from 9-7 so you have 10 hours to experience both water parks if you needed. Its possible for sure.
Not this summer.

chiefs11

I would be surprised if guests ride the lift hill. Could just be a lift for empty rafts like Teamboat Springs has.
Why not? It's been done before...

Looking at the diagram, it appears the queue path leads to what looks like a zero-entry to the pool... and there's also a larger zero-entry(exit) on the other side of the pool. (looking at the two parts of the pool that jut downwards on the diagram, the one on the left being the entrance and the larger one on the right being the exit)

WDF

Attachments

• wp.jpg
    wp.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 193

surfsupdon

Love the news. Love Typhoon Lagoon!! Typhoon has long been my favorite park in Disney. Always knew they could do better than Gangplank Falls.....remember Gangplank in its original form, prior to the renovation that had it grow an extra maybe 20 feet in length??

mm121

while its good to see an investment at typhoon lagoon, a family ride would not have been my first choice for a new addition.

compared to other parks typhoon is nice themeing wise but sucks ride wise, it might be great for kids but needs more exciting attractions for adults

would love to see additional non raft/innertube body slides, no park ever has enough of those

the only reason they are doing this is to give them something to advertise during the 2017 season to compete with the opening of volcano bay

doctornick

I hope this uses larger rafts that accommodate 6 riders (like Teamboat Springs). Gang Plank Falls' rafts only fit 4 people which is not as ideal for some larger families/groups.

Gatorboy

I would tend to agree. Both water parks seem to close due to attendance almost daily during the summer.

Not sure about the others, but the Disney parks do not release capacity numbers. Any number you get is at best an educated guess. More often than not it is pulled out of thin air.
they are reported (estimate) of 2 million per year. I also don't think it has anything to do with UNI, capacity issues more likely. Volcano Bay looks like most water parks and doesn't seem to have near the theming as Disney's two. Aquatica is in the 1.5 million range for reference, Wet n Wild I believe was around a million

stretchsje

Ordinary tube rides are so... ordinary. They're everywhere. Aquatica, Atlantis, and even the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas have slides that put you through underwater glass tubes surrounded by fish. That's pretty neat! Then there's Schlitterbahn, who almost always puts a unique twist on their chutes, either by sending waves down the river, blasting rafts up hills, or adding dark ride and animatronic elements. See here for my favorite example:

Universal seems to be getting in on the action Schlitterbahn started, but with a considerably higher budget, with its Volcano Bay park. To quote, "Imagine a place that offers radically innovative, thrilling attractions, peaceful moments of relaxation and an inspired guest experience that will forever change the perception of water theme parks."

I hope Disney does something unique. I don't go to Disney World for replications of my local parks.

Last edited:

No Name

Oooh! Exciting news.

Any water slide addition is good, and I'm glad they're doing something to compete with volcano bay. This could certainly be built for next summer, though at Disney's rate it may take longer.

Again, any water slide addition is good. But I am also hoping for something cool and unique. Something on the next level. I think a single, amazing ride added would really do wonders. The question comes down to whether Disney really wants to beat Volcano Bay or not.

Disneyhead'71

If this isn't a mammoth behemoth, they are just bilking the rubes.

"Yeah, so what that Uni built a state of the water park, all we have to do is put in a kiddie pool and our legion of faithful will shout down "Trump style" anyone who dares say it's not superior to anything Uni builds."

Jon81uk

There are existing water rides where you ride the dingy to the top of the lift hill. Storm Surge that used to be at Cyprus Gardens (and is now at Thorpe Park UK) is one example.
storm_surge5662.jpg

Disone

Awesome find! Thanks for this....

hate to tell you though, you are wrong, I saw in another thread that since WDW is changing the bus routes regarding the water parks, it means that are closing them for budgetary reasons. Soooooooooooo

Ripped the words right off of my tongue. well, in this case, keyboard. (though not sure it was budgetary, either way, looks like at typhoon is sticking around)

JT3000

Volcano Bay looks like most water parks and doesn't seem to have near the theming as Disney's two.

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? I know Universal has a tendency to get things done much faster than Disney, but believe it or not, that pile of dirt with some steel, concrete and slide parts scattered about isn't a finished product. Weird, I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom