Typhoon Lagoon closed today (May 3) due to technical problems

MickeyMike11

I'm hoping it's just temporary! I'm headed down next week and looking forward to Typhoon Lagoon. It went through a surprise refurb last time I went down.

roj2323

It's sounding more and more like these parks need a robust refurbishment where they actually start replacing aging infrastructure instead of just fixing it in the off season. If it weren't for both parks having major issues they could just shut one down for a year and redo everything top to bottom.

Phicinfan

It's sounding more and more like these parks need a robust refurbishment where they actually start replacing aging infrastructure instead of just fixing it in the off season. If it weren't for both parks having major issues they could just shut one down for a year and redo everything top to bottom.
Or the issue they found at Blizzard Beach was significant enough that they are now addressing it at Typhoon Lagoon to eliminate it from happening? This is just conjecture on my part, no rumor or anything

roj2323

Yep, and they are all b**ching about it today. :rolleyes: They need to learn to be grateful that Disney is doing anything for them. Regular CM's don't get parties thrown for them like that.

When you make minimum wage or close to it, work 40-60+ hours a week with no say in the schedule that at times schedules your shifts exactly 8 hours apart, have no right to be in the union because you are an "Intern", or have any privacy in the apartment you pay more than double the going local rate for while living with up to 8 people and can be forced to work 12 days in a row, you would be slightly upset too when you were promised something fun and then had it taken away. TLDR: If you complain about CP's you've likely never been one.

Edit: btw regular cast do get parties and special events thrown for them depending on their work area and years of service. Catered lunches also happened at least once quarterly in my experience as well.

raven

When you make minimum wage or close to it, work 40-60+ hours a week with no say in the schedule that at times schedules your shifts exactly 8 hours apart, have no right to be in the union because you are an "Intern", or have any privacy in the apartment you pay more than double the going local rate for while living with up to 8 people and can be forced to work 12 days in a row, you would be slightly upset too when you were promised something fun and then had it taken away. TLDR: If you complain about CP's you've likely never been one.

Edit: btw regular cast do get parties and special events thrown for them depending on their work area and years of service. Catered lunches also happened at least once quarterly in my experience as well.
Guess they should've done more research then, huh? Any previous CP can tell you exactly how it will be. And catered lunches, special events and years or service awards isn't the same as private parties at parks after hours are they?

Horizons1

Tough. These kids need to learn the working world isn't all flowers and sunshine. Sometimes you bust your butt and get nothing for it. That's life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom