Two tickets on one magic band?

BrianV

Original Poster
We have two sets of no expiry tickets. One has 8 days left and is linked to our magic bands. The other has three days AND 7 WATER PARK ADMISSIONS and is not linked.

If I link both tickets, will the magic band know that the first ticket has no water park admissions and then move on to the second ticket to look for entitlements? Alternatively, if I order them the other way, when we use up the remaining three admissions, will the band know to move on to the second ticket but keep the water park admissions usable for the future?

Has anybody tried such a thing?

Thanks!

dreamfinder

I know for a while there were issues if people had both a regular park ticket as well as a party ticket (MNSSHP or MVMCP) linked, but I have no idea if they got that resolved.

I have an annual pass and a no expiration multi-day ticket and both are linked to My Disney Experience. I called Disney to discuss this. They told me all I had to do is "inactivate" the ticket that I don't want used on the website. It was very easy to do. And you can go online anytime and switch which ticket is the active one.

danniyell

Event tickets worked when linked on my magic band last November - I had an Annual Ticket linked and then when I brought my MVMCP ticket - i linked that up too and we were fine!

BrianV

Original Poster
Thanks all. Really helpful. If anyone knows, a few follow ups.

Can you unlink a ticket once linked and just use the original ticket? For that matter can you use a ticket (that is linked) stand-alone without a magic band?

Also, I recently upgraded my daughter from a child to an adult with an unlinked ticket. (At first they tried to charge me but fortunately someone else knew that it was free). Once linked, how would you go about doing that (for my second daughter when she turns 10)? I picture using my tickets to book fast passes in advance but then getting to disney, having to upgrade the ticket and loosing the fast passes. Maybe this is too complicated, but there must be a system in place.

Thanks again. I wish there were an FAQ at disney to answer complicated questions.

dreamfinder

Also, I recently upgraded my daughter from a child to an adult with an unlinked ticket. (At first they tried to charge me but fortunately someone else knew that it was free). Once linked, how would you go about doing that (for my second daughter when she turns 10)? I picture using my tickets to book fast passes in advance but then getting to disney, having to upgrade the ticket and loosing the fast passes. Maybe this is too complicated, but there must be a system in place.

You should be able to upgrade the ticket and still keep your FPs.

ninjaprincesst

You should be able to upgrade the ticket and still keep your FPs.
also for the most part most Disney employees don't care if your 10 year old goes in on a child ticket as long as she has a valid ticket, my brother in law did not know you had to upgrade no expiration tickets that were for kids and linked their old no expiration tickets to their bands and my 16 year old niece entered with a child ticket and no one said a word about it.

Rob562

Thanks all. Really helpful. If anyone knows, a few follow ups.

Can you unlink a ticket once linked and just use the original ticket? For that matter can you use a ticket (that is linked) stand-alone without a magic band?

Thanks again. I wish there were an FAQ at disney to answer complicated questions.

Linking a ticket to MDE doesn't invalidate the original ticket/card that it was on. As far as I know, you can still use the original ticket as-is for access to that specific ticket.

The only time it gets complicated it when you're trying to use something else to access the ticket, like a MagicBand. The Band doesn't point at the ticket, it points at your MDE profile. The system then looks for what ticket(s) you have associated with that profile, and if there are multiple MYW tickets it needs to know in which order to use them (which goes back to the previous posters who had experience making tickets "inactive" or putting a priority to them).

In the case of upgrading a child's ticket to an adult, they're just changing a factor of an existing ticket on your (her) profile. It shouldn't affect anything else on the profile, like FP+.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom