1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Two seperate bookings, making FP+ for everyone

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Louise71, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Louise71

Louise71 New Member

Hi
    I hope someone can help.
    Myself and my sister have each made a booking through Disney for hotel and tickets.
    I already have a MDE account. I have linked my booking and also added my sister and family on my friends list.

I have told my sister she needs to create her own account and sent her an invite. I have said she needs to accept this and link her booking. Is this correct? I want her to access the MM photos after the holiday but she wont want any further input in any bookings!

Will she need to create family and friends or will she see the contacts i have created and just select her family members when linking her booking?

Will her linking her booking enable me to make all FPs and ADRs for everyone or have I got something wrong?

Thanks for reading and helping! I love this website but only just joined!

2. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Ok, this is going to take a little work to make sure everything works. First, the two reservations, one is in your name as lead guest, the other is in your sister's name, correct? (This is critical)

Ideally, your sister should make an MDE account for herself. She should create "managed by her" profiles for the other members of her family (the ones staying in her room). Meanwhile, you should *delete* the copies of everyone in your sister's family for the time being. You can leave your sister for the moment.

After your sister has created her account and the others in her family, she can link her reservation. Then you can friend request your sister.

Finally, after you're friends with her, you can add the members of her family using the "people you may know" feature. Once you're friends with everyone again, you'll be able to make FastPass and dining reservations for everyone.

All these specific steps are important because it's next to impossible to move control of a "managed by" profile from one account to another. Your worst case scenario would be people would exist twice, once in each account, and with confusion over which one is the "real" version of each...

-Rob

3. Louise71

Louise71 New Member Original Poster

Thanks for a fantastic reply.

Yes you are correct the two reservations are in our seperate names. So I am off to follow your advice and delete her family members first!

Thanks again your reply has just been the guide i have been looking for!