Two Questions/Possibilities

zapper

Original Poster
There are two things that I would like to see happen, and wanted to see the input for them.

First - Considering that all the parks are gearing up for 2005, what is the possibility that Disney will accelerate the opening of Expedition Everest to open in 2005 as well.

Second - it breaks my heart every time I go to the Living Seas. It just seems that this aspect of EPCOT has been neglected for over five years now. My recommendations:

- More on-going research/conservation projects that can be supported/displayed/conducted on Living Seas. Make a guest feel like they are seeing the cutting edge of oceanography.

- More display tanks of unique/unusual specimens, which can also be tied into the above

- Maybe an on-going display of a 500 gallon aquarium that over the course of a year is built and documented as far as technology and techniques are concerned. Maybe one that is built supporting farm- raised fish and coral as an ecology measure to promote conservation of natural assets. The aquarium could at the end of the year be donated to a children's hospital (or something similar) to bring a little bit of the ocean into an environment.

- Maybe more touch screen areas to provide both educational and entertainment

Like to hear your thoughts

SirNim

First, Disney is pushing hard for a late 2005 opening for Expedition Everest from what I've heard, although 2006 seems like the more reasonable estimated opening year.

Secondly, I too would like to see an update to The Living Seas. I agree that more cutting-edge oceanic technologies and discoveries could/should be added. Perhaps a look at how the Titanic was discovered, how deep-sea fish were discovered, robotic submarines, things along that nature.

I'd also like to see more unusal display tanks featuring such odd specimens as the chambered nautilus.

I'm not sure about the documentation and construction of an aquarium for some institution. Doesn't seem to fit with The Living Seas to me. I dunno. An exhibit about how they built The Living Seas aquarium might be interesting. I just don't know...

Yeah, touch screens always work too. Add them in, get more information about various aspects of the ocean.

What I'd like to see is maybe perhaps a reopening of the Caribbean Coral Reef Ride (the Omnimover attraction that is currently closed) with perhaps the inclusion of characters from Finding Nemo. For all I care, the characters could simply be images on high-definition television screens surrounding the windows into the aquarium. Anyway, throughout the ride, these characters would impart some sense of conservation.

That's what I'd like. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom