Two Crazy Sisters, One Fantasmic Trip.. August 25-September 1, 2012

Well it's almost here. YIPPY!!! After months of planning we are 1 month away from our trip to WDW!!!! We will be going August 25th thru September 1, 2012 and will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. We have never stayed there before so this is very exciting.

So, without further a do, Lets introduce the victims!
First, ME 41, Single Mom of two boys, aka Buzz and Woody.
DS,14, Woody-
DS,10, Buzz-
DSIS-38
DBIL-39

So a little history about this trip. Back in February, I told the boys I wanted to plan a special vacation this year. I ask them if they would be interested in going back to Disney and both said "YES!" I told them we could go to either WDW or Disneyland. They decided WDW. This made me very happy. I love everything Disney. So let the planning begin.

First things first. Pick our dates. Disney released the free dining offer for August so we decided to take advantage of it. Since I homeschool the boys, missing time is not an issue for us. They are starting the first week of September. So I made the reservations. We were also able to make our dining reservations because we were within the 180 day window. We have our favorites and our must do's each time we visit. Chef Mickey's has always been our first night choice. We have done this since the very first visit. Along with it, we chose some new places that were recommended from our Disney friends.
A couple days later, I received an email from Airfarewatchdog.com letting me know they had found round trip to Orlando for $228.00 a person on American for my dates. Yes Sir, wasted no time purchasing those!! We live in North Texas and even though we have DFW International here, it is hard to find deals. I had looked into Southwest, but because of the Wright Amendment still in effect, that means I have to change planes in Houston both going to and coming from Orlando. Yea, not so much.... I would miss a plane for all the confusion. So I found this sight and it paid off.
So to recap, all reservations are made, both resort and dining. Plane tickets are purchased.... I am doing the happy dance. Then it happens. "Hey Mom, Aunt L wants to go to Disney also." What??? She has to be kidding with Woody and Buzz. Right??? NOPE!!!

Tinkermom1971

Original Poster
So I called my sister and we discussed all the plans I had made. I told her that if they were serious about going she needed to make her reservations now. I explained to her that the window was already open to make dining reservations and it would book up fast. So she got the resort ressies done and then she tried dining. A few of the choices we had made were not available, one being Chef Mickey's. I will say I was very disappointed because of our tradition, but we were able to book Crystal Palace. Not real sure but we will see. We also changed Nine Dragons to Teppan Edo. We have never ate at either place so it will be a new experience. She wasn't as fortunate as I was on airfare. I believe they paid nearly $100.00 a person more for the same flight. Urg....

Our schedule is:
8/25-Teppan Edo
8/26- Tony's Town Square
8/27-We are using 2 counter service this day
8/28-Tusker House Breakfast
8/29-Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater(lunch) Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner)
8/30-The Crystal Palace
8/31- Les Chef's de France (to see Rimmy!)
9/1- Kona Cafe Breakfast

So now we are exactly 30 days away from heading to the Magic. I have started making my packing list, buying things we need, AND I received my travel packet in the mail yesterday. YAY!!!

maryszhi

Well it's almost here. YIPPY!!! After months of planning we are 1 month away from our trip to WDW!!!! We will be going August 25th thru September 1, 2012 and will be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. We have never stayed there before so this is very exciting.

So, without further a do, Lets introduce the victims!
First, ME 41, Single Mom of two boys, aka Buzz and Woody.
DS,14, Woody-
DS,10, Buzz-
DSIS-38
DBIL-39

So a little history about this trip. Back in February, I told the boys I wanted to plan a special vacation this year. I ask them if they would be interested in going back to Disney and both said "YES!" I told them we could go to either WDW or Disneyland. They decided WDW. This made me very happy. I love everything Disney. So let the planning begin.

First things first. Pick our dates. Disney released the free dining offer for August so we decided to take advantage of it. Since I homeschool the boys, missing time is not an issue for us. They are starting the first week of September. So I made the reservations. We were also able to make our dining reservations because we were within the 180 day window. We have our favorites and our must do's each time we visit. Chef Mickey's has always been our first night choice. We have done this since the very first visit. Along with it, we chose some new places that were recommended from our Disney friends.
A couple days later, I received an email from Airfarewatchdog.com letting me know they had found round trip to Orlando for $228.00 a person on American for my dates. Yes Sir, wasted no time purchasing those!! We live in North Texas and even though we have DFW International here, it is hard to find deals. I had looked into Southwest, but because of the Wright Amendment still in effect, that means I have to change planes in Houston both going to and coming from Orlando. Yea, not so much.... I would miss a plane for all the confusion. So I found this sight and it paid off.
So to recap, all reservations are made, both resort and dining. Plane tickets are purchased.... I am doing the happy dance. Then it happens. "Hey Mom, Aunt L wants to go to Disney also." What??? She has to be kidding with Woody and Buzz. Right??? NOPE!!!
hehe i know the feeling. i felt bad the last two trips my mom could not take off of work, and my dad did not seem like he wanted to go. the day before i left he was sincere in saying i wish i could go with you... i'm like but i asked...... and it was twice.

wiigirl

Yay....cant wait to read about it!
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom