Two big new features coming soon to MyMagic+

Lirael

Ugh, I hope there is a way to opt out of the "personalized" things. I don't ever want its a small world to talk about where I live for example or for a Hitchhiking Ghost to call me by name. :hungover:
I'd love that.

I do hope they won't attempt to translate rides like that according to the person's country though.

KLinder7

I can sign up to test if they need anyone on March 31st. ;) It will be nice to schedule a fourth from your phone, but it really needs to allow you to do it for another park like others have said.

cdeev8690

StoryMaker is a little creepy but also cute! Can't wait to hear about all of the areas in the park where it comes into play

radiorae

I'd love that.

I do hope they won't attempt to translate rides like that according to the person's country though.

When I was at MK last, I went on Small World and one of the "goodbye" signs in the final scene was digital... I wonder if maybe they intend to take the country data from the magic bands, and then use it to project the cooresponding greeting?

No Name

Wow. The first one is really great. But the second one is what excites me a ton. Honestly, I thought that Disney had just cut that part and their intention was for us to forget that they had ever mentioned it. But I really am glad that they're going through with this part. Now obviously we don't know to what extent they'll be implementing this stuff but I am not ashamed to say that I think this one of the top 3 most exciting announcements in the last 2 years.

This could truly take the theme park experience to a new level and change how many people view MM+. Think of all of the possibilities. First of all, meet and greet charactes knowing your name?! Take a second to think about that from a kid's perspective. It makes you feel so much more special, as if the character knows you and was waiting for you to visit them! It may seem creepy at first to an adult, but to a child? No, it's MAGICAL! And everything else can have that same magical effect as well, if it's done right. Dolls on It's a Small World saying Happy Birthday/Anniversay/etc. Characters/narration on rides saying your name. All very exciting.

Despite the recent cuts, this is a very good use of money.

MississippiBelle

StoryMaker is a little creepy but also cute! Can't wait to hear about all of the areas in the park where it comes into play

The whole "remotely reading your band and using the information on it" sounds pretty creepy to me too but I'm sure I'll be going nuts with everyone else when my name is used on a goodbye sign. As I've said before, though, if the dolls say my name I'm bailing out of the boat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom