Tusker House(ROL) or Ohana

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Hey Everyone!

Currently we are planning on doing Ohana for breakfast at the Poly on the morning of our Animal Kingdom day. Reservations were booked before the ROL announcement, so now we are conflicted on what to do. We did Tusker House last year and weren't disappointed, but weren't overly impressed either. We have never been to Ohana (or the Poly for that matter) and are open to trying something new. That being said, do you think that we should keep Ohana, or try and score a reservation for Tusker House with the new ROL dining package. Is Ohana breakfast better than a normal breakfast at other places? Thanks in advance for any advice.

carriebeth

If someplace is a top favorite of the majority of our family, we will probably do it again, if it was just ok or I am not left saying "I can't wait to go back there again" then I am always in favor of trying somewhere new!

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
If someplace is a top favorite of the majority of our family, we will probably do it again, if it was just ok or I am not left saying "I can't wait to go back there again" then I am always in favor of trying somewhere new!

I think you are right. Although we loved the character interactions at Tusker House, the food (at least at breakfast) wasn't extremely memorable.

danyoung56

I think you are right. Although we loved the character interactions at Tusker House, the food (at least at breakfast) wasn't extremely memorable.

Really? I don't mean to come off argumentative, but I've always really enjoyed the breakfast food at Tusker, with the crepes, breakfast casseroles, and cutting board. And that Jamba Juice - yummmm!!!!

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Really? I don't mean to come off argumentative, but I've always really enjoyed the breakfast food at Tusker, with the crepes, breakfast casseroles, and cutting board. And that Jamba Juice - yummmm!!!!

I thought it was pretty good, and the juice was the BEST (actually tried to make it at home but it just didnt taste the same :(). I just didnt find it too memorable.

LeighM

I would do breakfast at Tusker House with the RoL package especially if you can get a pre-park opening breakfast time. I thought there were more selections at Tusker House than 'Ohana's breakfast, which is a typical breakfast you can find anywhere. Now while I like lunch/dinner at Tusker House, I would always chose 'Ohana for dinner lol.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
How many TS dining credits is the Tusker House RoL dining package? Also, I was just checking the dates available, and there doesn't appear to be anything past 6/30.

I have to get up early on Friday to book my ADR's. Does anyone have any idea when those dining package dates will be extended?

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
How many TS dining credits is the Tusker House RoL dining package? Also, I was just checking the dates available, and there doesn't appear to be anything past 6/30.

I have to get up early on Friday to book my ADR's. Does anyone have any idea when those dining package dates will be extended?

I am pretty sure it is just one dining credit. Im not sure when the dates will be extended, but I would make a call to Disney Friday if you dont see where it is available online. They can probably work their magic and get you booked.

Starlight1

I just booked Tusker House ROL package. It is one ts credit. If you chose Tiffins it would be two. I'll be going for the first time since I was little with my son soon so I have no experience at either. I've read wonderful things about both restaurants. However from what I've read about ROL, I would recommend the vip through dinner or a fastpass. I've read about people lining up 2 hours beforehand for seats!! Good luck!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom